Windows 10: How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer?

Discus and support How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 10, whenever I insert a USB or External HDD, it gives me two listings for it in the Explorer pane: [img] Is there any way I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Irastris, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Irastris Win User

How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer?

In Windows 10, whenever I insert a USB or External HDD, it gives me two listings for it in the Explorer pane:

How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer? [​IMG]

Is there any way I can remove the second listing? Preferably the standalone one, as I'm used to it being under "This PC", muscle memory y'know.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Irastris, Aug 2, 2015

2. Double drive listing

How to remove double drive listing in Windows 10?

MaurySzwerdszarf, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Double drive listing

Hi Maury,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Refer: How to include a screenshot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Note: Make sure you hide all the personal information from the screenshot before posting.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 2, 2015
  4. W10
    W10 Win User

Hello! happening to me as well on my desktop and notebook , both have windows 10 home upgrade, i know you can hide them using this tweak: ( Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums ) but i just want it to show me the normal one usb listing under this pc, i have reinstalled windows 10 all is fine until one or two days then i see double drives again, can anybody help?

How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer? - Similar Threads - hide double drive

2. How can I hide the Documents folder in File explorer in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I hide the Documents folder in File explorer in Windows 10?: When I open File explorer in Widows 10, the list of folders under This PC includes Documents and its sub-folders. I don't want to delete this but I don't want to see it either, so I'm hoping there's a way to hide it - and to make it visible again if I want to.I've tried the...
  3. How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?: I mean the copy/paste icons and so on. I really don't need that toolbar at all since I just use keyboard shortcuts anyway, and it doesn't go well with the theme I've chosen. How do I disable it?...
  4. How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?: I mean the copy/paste icons and so on. I really don't need that toolbar at all since I just use keyboard shortcuts anyway, and it doesn't go well with the theme I've chosen. How do I disable it?...
  5. how to hide explorer menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to hide explorer menu: I have too much clutter with explorer. How can I hide explorer menu bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-explorer-menu/6d8b7d17-194d-4a03-848a-99a18e01e60f
  6. How can I get out of double spacing on a list of several names and addresses.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get out of double spacing on a list of several names and addresses.: I am trying to make a list of names and addresses and I cannot use double spacing. I have tried everything I know. in WORDPAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-out-of-double-spacing-on-a-list-of/015c8a61-2b5e-41e2-8c60-a4d71183fa94
  7. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a...
  8. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash...
  9. How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.: Hi. I just installed a small ssd drive to be used by a program as a temp drive. Now that i've set the app to use G: as temp drive, i do not need to interact with the drive again. Set it and forget it. So how do i hide the drive from explorer without breaking everything ?...
  10. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...