Windows 10: How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer?

Discus and support How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 10, whenever I insert a USB or External HDD, it gives me two listings for it in the Explorer pane: [img] Is there any way I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Irastris, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Irastris Win User

How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer?

In Windows 10, whenever I insert a USB or External HDD, it gives me two listings for it in the Explorer pane:

How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer? [​IMG]

Is there any way I can remove the second listing? Preferably the standalone one, as I'm used to it being under "This PC", muscle memory y'know.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Irastris, Aug 2, 2015

2. Double drive listing

How to remove double drive listing in Windows 10?

MaurySzwerdszarf, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Double drive listing

Hi Maury,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Refer: How to include a screenshot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Note: Make sure you hide all the personal information from the screenshot before posting.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 2, 2015
  4. W10
    W10 Win User

Hello! happening to me as well on my desktop and notebook , both have windows 10 home upgrade, i know you can hide them using this tweak: ( Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums ) but i just want it to show me the normal one usb listing under this pc, i have reinstalled windows 10 all is fine until one or two days then i see double drives again, can anybody help?

How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. How can I hide the double drive listing in Explorer? - Similar Threads - hide double drive

2. How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?: I need to move some folders to the SD chip and leave a shortcut in the original folder on the SSD. That much is easy to do. Unfortunately, when using "Sort by Name", File Explorer lists the shortcuts with the files, not with the folders. I don't want to use "Group by Name"...
  3. How can I alphabetically sort the favorites list in the Windows 10 file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I alphabetically sort the favorites list in the Windows 10 file explorer?: Hi all, How can I alphabetically sort the favorites list in the Windows 10 file explorer? Thanks! Joan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-alphabetically-sort-the-favorites-list/80fcdcab-0fa1-475e-8ae4-38cad9cca476"
  4. How can I get out of double spacing on a list of several names and addresses.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get out of double spacing on a list of several names and addresses.: I am trying to make a list of names and addresses and I cannot use double spacing. I have tried everything I know. in WORDPAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-out-of-double-spacing-on-a-list-of/015c8a61-2b5e-41e2-8c60-a4d71183fa94
  5. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a...
  6. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash...
  7. How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.

How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.: Hi. I just installed a small ssd drive to be used by a program as a temp drive. Now that i've set the app to use G: as temp drive, i do not need to interact with the drive again. Set it and forget it. So how do i hide the drive from explorer without breaking everything ?...
  8. Dual drives listed in "File Explorer"

Dual drives listed in "File Explorer": Have my drives listed twice in this new build, ver. 1703, OS.Build-15063.296. Had a little program downloaded from Ten Forums which dealt with this problem, just had to run it and it took care of the problem, however it won't work in this new build. I know it has to do...
  9. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...
  10. How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?: In File Explorer on the far right corner of the screen you will find a white question mark in a small blue circle. What that icon does it launches a BING browser tab that is full on Windows 10 help links. In the most recent past I thought that Bing had installed a Bing Virus...