Windows 10: How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?

Discus and support How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The Alt 255 thing doesn't work for me submitted by /u/thegodamn [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thegodamn, Apr 2, 2021.

1. How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?

/u/thegodamn, Apr 2, 2021

2. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 2, 2021
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?

No Hide Desktop Icons on x64 XP?

My computer decided it wanted my attention and I ended up having to reinstall it. After deleting the partition I realized I lent out my Vista disc so I ended up having to borrow a x64 XP my friend downstairs has until I can get my disc back. Anyway, when I right click the desktop and go to Arrange Icons there is no option there to hide icons on the desktop like I'm accustomed to on other versions of XP. Is there some way to do this with this version of XP? At the moment all I have on the desktop is the recycling bin, so if its not I suppose its not the end of the world, but I'd still like the option since I do like to let files accumulate there without having to stare at them.

OrbitzXT, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?

1. How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop? - Similar Threads - hide text under

2. How can I link Desktop under OneDrive and Desktop under This PC of Windows10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I link Desktop under OneDrive and Desktop under This PC of Windows10?: I am using Windows 10. Now the contests in OneDrive > Desktop and the contents of This PC > Desktop are different.I want to share the contensts of these folders. The contents of these folders are identical on other computers. I started to do as follows:Right- Click on Desktop...
  3. how can I erase lines under desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I erase lines under desktop icons?: How can I remove the lines under desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-erase-lines-under-desktop-icons/32868136-5f3b-4736-ba98-2f81db42daa6
  4. how can i hide these icons on my screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i hide these icons on my screen?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SAGADAGA474 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcld0q/how_can_i_hide_these_icons_on_my_screen/
  5. Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?: The text for some reason has gone really large under my icons on my desktop. The icons themselves appear to be the same size, but I'm not sure what is going on. I've updated my nvidia driver, as I thought it might be something to do with that, but that didn't help at all, any...
  6. how can i hide virtual cd icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i hide virtual cd icon: there is no driver in device manager for this cd room my lenovo laptop does n't come with but in cd driver it usb and this comes with windows installation how to remove it [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. hiding desktop icons

hiding desktop icons: How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-desktop-icons/aaefc1bb-020c-4564-b4ef-2a61f0388a1e
  8. How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon

How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon: Please advise how to hide annoying blue line under task bar icon at Windows 10: Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-blue-line-under-w10-taskbar-icon/e4e2d9c7-6299-4025-8178-b224616aa3d7
  9. Increase text length (prevent text wrapping) under Desktop icons?

Increase text length (prevent text wrapping) under Desktop icons?: I've read references in increasing icon spacing via Regedit tweaks, but will that also increase the text length under icons before the text wraps to a new line. For example a folder named "Screen Grabs" displays both words on one line with Win7 but breaks it into 2 lines with...
  10. Outlined text under desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlined text under desktop icons: Hi. The text under my desktop icons are "outlined" and very hard to read (see screenshot). Where can I change this setting? Thanks. [img] 95463