Windows 10: How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10

Discus and support How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I identify and delete duplicate folders and files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BerylKeegan, May 8, 2019.

1. How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10

How can I identify and delete duplicate folders and files

:)

BerylKeegan, May 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2019
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, May 8, 2019
  4. How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10

Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, May 8, 2019
Thema:

How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10

1. How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - identify duplicate folders

2. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  3. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  4. how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer: how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-remove-those-2-duplicate-folders-in-the/747ce00a-f104-456c-9426-3bdafc8fbb7a
  5. how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer: how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-remove-those-2-duplicate-folders-in-the/747ce00a-f104-456c-9426-3bdafc8fbb7a
  6. how can I duplicate opened folders on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    how can I duplicate opened folders on taskbar?: after using chrome/firefox, especially firefox where I can rightclick on a tab and click duplicate, I can't see how window is efficient here lacking this feature. say I have folder A, B, C and D on taskbar (not combined). currently If I wish to have another explorer window...
  7. Duplicate File folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate File folders: I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in: This PC > Windows C: > Baile > Documents The other BAS file is found in: This PC Windows C: > Users > Baile > Documents Both reference...
  8. REMOVING DUPLICATE FILES/FOLDERS USING WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REMOVING DUPLICATE FILES/FOLDERS USING WINDOWS 10: Hi, I'm back. My laptop is running slow at times. It takes a minute to boot up and it'll freeze up at times on a webpage. When I try to close the page it doesn't close immediately. I would have to click the "X" several times but it closes. I know I have duplicate...
  9. how to identify and uninstall duplicate drivers...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to identify and uninstall duplicate drivers...?: there are multiple drivers of motherboard resources, UMBus enumerator, ACPI Fan, ACPI thermal zone etc. should i uninstall these duplicates...? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Duplicate Files/Folders In Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Files/Folders In Windows: Not sure how long it has been this way but I just noticed that I have duplicate windows folders in both the program folder and the program (86) folder. Several have the exact same info inside. [img] 109690

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to identify duplicate files and folders in windows

2. how to identify duplicate documents in a window folder