Windows 10: How can I import detailed information of file properties into Excel?

Discus and support How can I import detailed information of file properties into Excel? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All~ How can I import detailed information of file properties into Excel? I'd like to bring the information from the picture(detailed information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Lee KR, Jul 22, 2019.

1. How can I import detailed information of file properties into Excel?

Hi All~

How can I import detailed information of file properties into Excel?

I'd like to bring the information from the picture(detailed information of file properties) below to Excel and make the results of the test a database.

How can I import detailed information of file properties into Excel? ac4b5a14-0bf8-4ea5-b391-c50f16e210d0?upload=true.png

Many thanks.

:)

Chris Lee KR, Jul 22, 2019
  2. OCjp Win User

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

3. File explorer file properties

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if you are able to add comment to the file.

• Right click on the files

• Select Properties

• Click on Details

• Move the cursor to comments tab and try typing the captions.
    Check if it allows you to type the comments.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 22, 2019
  4. How can I import detailed information of file properties into Excel?

IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

How can I import detailed information of file properties into Excel?

1. How can I import detailed information of file properties into Excel? - Similar Threads - import detailed information

2. how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?: how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-hyperlinked-files-to-excel-since/0be4d3ad-9042-40a2-8c00-4b2d8deee5e2
  3. Can not edit file property details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not edit file property details: I'm aware this has been discussed before, but I can not add an album artist to a file that has no album artist. I want to change it so I have a way to categorize the file. However, the suggested way of changing details does not work pressing F2 while the file is open. If any...
  4. Can not edit file property details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not edit file property details: I'm aware this has been discussed before, but I can not add an album artist to a file that has no album artist. I want to change it so I have a way to categorize the file. However, the suggested way of changing details does not work pressing F2 while the file is open. If any...
  5. How do I remove certain details from file properties for a file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove certain details from file properties for a file.: I want to change/remove preferably remove certain details in the 'details' section of file properties of a file. That may not have made any sense so I'll try to explain at again. When I right click on a file and then click on 'Properties' and go to 'Details', there are...
  6. Excel File Information

Excel File Information: I have used a Excel budget format which I created using Windows Professional 7 on a new laptop that is running Windows 10. The files are saved to a jump drive. When I open the folder, I see all the files, but not the Date Modified, Type and Size. What can I do have that...
  7. MP3 file property details

MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  8. Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details?: Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details tab? When I am working on a project, it would be nice to be able to add a comment field to the Details tab. I have a separate "notes.txt" for the project but if I could add notes to the Details tab, then I wouldn't need to...
  9. How can I export a detail file listing from Windows Explorer to Excel?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How can I export a detail file listing from Windows Explorer to Excel?: Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I want to thank you in advance for your help*Smile Is there a way for me to copy/export from Windows Explorer to Excel >> A listing of file names, created date & time? I am trying to organize a lot of image and video files, and haven't been...
  10. How to Bulk Rename files with information from file "properties"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Bulk Rename files with information from file "properties"?: I recently had a hard drive failure that cost me fifteen years worth of files and data. I am recovering the files currently using Puran file recovery, which seems to be working. However, all the MS Word files (for instance) I recover are simply named "0000001.docx" and the...