Windows 10: How can I improve the performance of my PC?

Discus and support How can I improve the performance of my PC? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I just did a System Reset on my Laptop PC. Now I need to speed up it's performance. How can I do this? 38033 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 19, 2016.

1. How can I improve the performance of my PC?

So I just did a System Reset on my Laptop PC. Now I need to speed up it's performance. How can I do this?

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 19, 2016

2. Slow notebook response, how can I improve speed?

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which browser are you using to surf internet?

• Which Internet connection are you using?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below given steps:

Step 1.

I would recommend you to run network troubleshooter and let us know the status.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update Wi-Fi driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Network adaptor and right click on it and
      Wi-Fi driver
      and update the driver.
    If the above steps did not help to fix the issue try the below step.

Step 3.

I suggest you to boot the system on Clean boot state and check if the issue still persist.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below
    link on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Slow notebook response, how can I improve speed?

My new notebook is very slow to bring up files, connect and surf internet, is there any way to speed things up a bit. it takes forever to connect to internet using home based Wifi, Why?

KathyNurkowski, Jan 19, 2016
  4. How can I improve the performance of my PC?

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 21, 2016
  5. Jesse Williams, Jan 21, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 21, 2016
  7. Thanks Sumit Dhiman. The suggestion helped a lot. But what if I don't want disable Animations such as the Start Menu and other applications fading up, in, out, or down?

Jesse Williams, Jan 21, 2016
  8. slurp812 Win User

How can I improve the performance of my PC?

You can upgrade some hardware. I would try and stuff some ram in there. Get it up to 8 gig if possible and swap in an SSD if it doesn't have one. I mean if there are no major OS issues, the only real way to get any speed is via hardware.

slurp812, Jan 21, 2016
  9. slurp812, I am on a tight budget as I am disabled so I can't upgrade the RAM or buy an SSD right now. I was wondering if the new AMD Crimson chipset was for my PC also? I really don't know. It has the AMD Radeon 6310 Graphics Chipset.

10. I will eventually have to buy a new computer, but can't right now. My mother and I are both on disability. We will probably buy a new computer for myself and my sister after we get our appliances paid off.

11. Your wish, actually computers with less graphics capablity would improve performance, but if you have good hardware then no need.

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 22, 2016
  12. I don't have good hardware. After the upgrade, my Windows 10 experience has not been so good. I can't find the right drivers for my system because my system isn't supported. But, it was running Windows 7 and the Get Windows 10 app said I was good to go to be able install it.

Microsoft shouldn't have forced this OS on older hardware.

Jesse Williams, Jan 22, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Just to clarify:

The GWX app basically will only let you know if your system meets the minimum requirements to run Windows 10 or not. There's no guarantee on how fast Windows 10 will run on your system, but the rule of thumb is that if it barely meets minimum requirements, it's going to be a slow experience.

"Forced" is an incorrect term here since it was your choice to install Windows 10 or not. If you wish, you can go back to your previously installed Windows 7 if it hasn't been over 30 days since you upgraded to Windows 10 and didn't delete the Windows.old folder.

Windows 10 - Go Back to Previous Windows - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Jan 22, 2016
  14. It seems to be running okay right now. I guess you could say the performance on my system varies. I have the AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 version installed with the 15.201.1151.0 Graphics driver installed. I have the AMD Radeon 6310. There is a new driver that it is in Beta form for this driver. But, I refuse to install any kind of Beta of anything as it's unfinished.

Jesse Williams, Jan 22, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad to hear that it's running ok for you now Jesse. *Party

Brink, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

1. How can I improve the performance of my PC? - Similar Threads - improve performance

2. Steps to delete temple files to improve performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steps to delete temple files to improve performance: Steps to delete temple files to improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steps-to-delete-temple-files-to-improve/ed4d4592-2f87-4d98-8725-cc1c8feb0206
  3. Steps to delete temple files to improve performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps to delete temple files to improve performance: Steps to delete temple files to improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steps-to-delete-temple-files-to-improve/ed4d4592-2f87-4d98-8725-cc1c8feb0206
  4. How can I turn off Microsoft add-ons to improve performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I turn off Microsoft add-ons to improve performance: Upgraded for W7 to W10 to run PaintShop Pro. OS is slow and temperamental. System specs are: AMD Quad Core A6 3400M, 6 GB DDR 3 memory, and 640 GB HDD....
  5. Improving Gaming Performance on Windows 10: An In-depth Guide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Improving Gaming Performance on Windows 10: An In-depth Guide: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pterodactyl_poop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15qfej0/improving_gaming_performance_on_windows_10_an/
  6. Does using a external GPU improve fps and gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does using a external GPU improve fps and gaming performance?: I'm running on a late 2013 Mac I'm using Windows 10 BootCamp. I'm wondering does an external GPU improve gaming performance or not. Like will it give me better fps and graphics? because I don't want to buy a new pc, would it even be worth it if I could buy an external gpu...
  7. Does using a external GPU improve fps and gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does using a external GPU improve fps and gaming performance?: I'm running on a late 2013 Mac I'm using Windows 10 BootCamp. I'm wondering does an external GPU improve gaming performance or not. Like will it give me better fps and graphics? because I don't want to buy a new pc, would it even be worth it if I could buy an external gpu...
  8. Does using a external GPU improve fps and gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience: Tweaking the registry is sometimes necessary to modify certain settings or configurations of a Windows operating system. The registry is a hierarchical database that stores various settings and options for Windows. It includes system configuration, device drivers, installed...
  10. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience: Tweaking the registry is sometimes necessary to modify certain settings or configurations of a Windows operating system. The registry is a hierarchical database that stores various settings and options for Windows. It includes system configuration, device drivers, installed...