Windows 10: How can I improve wired PC to wired PC file transfers

Discus and support How can I improve wired PC to wired PC file transfers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a laptop wired to my router via ethernet transferring files over the network to my desktop also wired directly to the router.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheDudestPriest, Apr 3, 2020.

1. How can I improve wired PC to wired PC file transfers

Hello everyone,

I have a laptop wired to my router via ethernet transferring files over the network to my desktop also wired directly to the router.

I'm on Spectrum's 400 Mbps connection using their supplied router and modem.

Both PC's are running Windows 10 with all updates installed.

Currently, transferring from the laptop to the desktop I'm averaging 11 Mbps with both PC's wired to the router. What can I do to improve these speeds?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Thank you and have a wonderful day,

:)

TheDudestPriest, Apr 3, 2020

2. Wired internet PC won't recognize wireless PCs

I have 3 PCs in my home. 1 hardwired to the router, other 2 connect through WIFI. All 3 connect to the internet OK. The 2 wireless machines can recognize the wired PC and transfer files to it, but not to each other. Wired machine cannot find or recognize
    either wireless machine. Printer is connected to the wired machine, but can't send files to it from either wireless machine. Had Windows 7 before Windows 10 came along, and had no difficulty exchanging files between all 3 PCs, and could print from any machine.
    Before Microsoft did away with HOMEGROUP, I could print. Searching for solutions on Microsoft website only gets outdated info from 2015 or before - which doesn't work. I've set my router to allow guests freely - no password, no restrictions - no help.

Kanabtek1143, Apr 3, 2020
  3. pgoelz Win User
    Wired PC shows in list of WiFi access points

I'm on the fall creators update on a laptop. The laptop is connected to my router via WiFi. I also have one wired PC on the network. I just noticed that the wired PC shows up at the top of the list of networks (complete with a "connect" button) when I
    single left click on the WiFi icon in the system tray to show a list of WiFi access points. This is new behavior (with the FCU?) and I can't for the life of me find any information anywhere regarding why the wired PC shows up. If I click "connect", the process
    simply stalls until I click "cancel". Is this supposed to be some way to enable connection sharing? Or an RDP connection?

Anyone?

Paul

pgoelz, Apr 3, 2020
  4. pgoelz Win User

How can I improve wired PC to wired PC file transfers

Wired PC shows in list of WiFi access points

I don't think that explains this particular issue. The wired PC that shows up in the laptop's list of WiFi APs is connected to the router via ethernet and does not have a WiFi card. So it can't (or at least shouldn't) advertise an available connection.

The icon next to the wired PC name is also new and unfamiliar.... looks like 3/4 of a simple celtic knot with a "carat" where the fourth loop would be.

I have tried searching for a variety of keywords like "new icon in WiFi list" and "wired PC in list of WiFi connections" and come up virtually empty. I'm sure it is something added in the FCU but I'll be danged if I can figure out what it actually is.

Paul

pgoelz, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

How can I improve wired PC to wired PC file transfers

1. How can I improve wired PC to wired PC file transfers - Similar Threads - improve wired wired

2. wired microphone not working in pc realme buds 2 wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired microphone not working in pc realme buds 2 wired: Hi, I'm using an ASUS Vivobook R558U with Windows 10 and have purchased a Realme Buds 2 wired earphone with an inline microphone, but my PC only detects them as headphones and not headsets, so I can't use their microphone on the PC. I tried uninstalling the driver and also...
  3. wired microphone not working in pc realme buds 2 wired

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wired microphone not working in pc realme buds 2 wired: Hi, I'm using an ASUS Vivobook R558U with Windows 10 and have purchased a Realme Buds 2 wired earphone with an inline microphone, but my PC only detects them as headphones and not headsets, so I can't use their microphone on the PC. I tried uninstalling the driver and also...
  4. wired microphone not working in pc realme buds 2 wired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  6. Connecting xbox controller wired to pc

Connecting xbox controller wired to pc: I have seen another thread with this issue and am having the same thing. I connect with a cable to my pc but it only vibrates for a sec and doesn't turn on. I know the usb cable and port works because I have tested it. I have checked in device manager and went to show hidden...
  7. wired controller not working on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired controller not working on pc: just bought a wired cotnroller to play with on pc and i tried to connect it with the cbale that comes with the controller and it doesnt work. i hold down the button and it doesnt even flash. please help...
  8. How do I connect a wired headset to my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I connect a wired headset to my PC?: I have my stealth 700 turtle beach headset wired by usb to my pc, but they won’t connect. they’re listed under “other devices”. I can’t select them for audio input or output. submitted by /u/Jackal_Main_0224 [link] [comments]...
  9. Xbox one controller wired on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller wired on PC: Hi, So i connect my xbox one controller to my pc without a problem, plug and play. I use it on steam to play some games and for some reason whenever i hold the controller to 'flat' position it shuts itself off. When I hold the controller vertically in my hand i can play...
  10. Pc will not detect wired DualShock4

Pc will not detect wired DualShock4: When i plug in my PlayStation 4 controller it starts charging but when i check device manager it does not appear there, i have tried restarting, and changing the usb ports/cables but nothing works. I am trying to use it with PS Now and that requires wired or wirelessusing a...