Windows 10: How can I increase the amount of storage in my storage space?

Discus and support How can I increase the amount of storage in my storage space? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I originally allocated 1TB of storage from my 2TB hard drive. Now I want to increase it but it seems like the change option is missing. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dkim96818, Jun 20, 2020.

1. dkim96818 Win User

How can I increase the amount of storage in my storage space?

I originally allocated 1TB of storage from my 2TB hard drive. Now I want to increase it but it seems like the change option is missing. How do I resolve this issue?

*I included a screenshotHow can I increase the amount of storage in my storage space? [​IMG]

:)

dkim96818, Jun 20, 2020
  2. j_007_k Win User

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Jun 20, 2020
  3. New with Storage Space

Hi Jay,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To get more information about Storage Spaces in Windows 10, please check on this
    link. The link will provide you steps as well on how to create a storage space and
    some information about what you need in order for you to create it.

Kindly update us with the result and let us know if you need further help.

Eileen Gal, Jun 20, 2020
  4. How can I increase the amount of storage in my storage space?

Increasing storage space in trasch

my trash settings are set to 9%. I want to set them to at least 75% so I can view older trash messages. How do I increase the storage space for my folders?

Harris LawPLLC, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

How can I increase the amount of storage in my storage space?

1. How can I increase the amount of storage in my storage space? - Similar Threads - increase amount storage

2. Unable to increase size of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  3. Unable to increase size of storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  4. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?: I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on C:\ , the space is consumed up very quickly and I only have 30 GB free space leftI want to decrease D:\ storage and increase...
  5. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?: I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on C:\ , the space is consumed up very quickly and I only have 30 GB free space leftI want to decrease D:\ storage and increase...
  6. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Storage Increase

Storage Increase: How do I get more gigobytes for my storage? They say I am exceeding the 50 gigobytes I pay 6.99 a month for on windows 7. I have upgraded to windows 10 now. I also have a new card. They wont be able to charge me now. I need to get more gigobytes? Please help. My phone number...
  8. Storage Spaces not allowing full amount of drive space

Storage Spaces not allowing full amount of drive space: Good Afternoon, I have a fresh install of Win 10, version 10.0.19041. Attached to this system are 12x 12TB SATA drives. 4 of these are attached direct via internal SATA headers, and the other 8 are connected to an LSI 9300-8i card. I can see all 12 of the drives using disk...
  9. shown storage space usage is not the really used storage amount

shown storage space usage is not the really used storage amount: Hi there, I switched from winbtrfs to windows storage spaces. I have 4 drives for them and firstly attached 2 drives, copied data to it and then attached the other 2 drives and optimized the storage to equal the storage usage over the 4 drives. Unfortunately the blocks...
  10. Amount of storage and Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Amount of storage and Storage Sense: I'm running version 1803 in Windows 10. I have 775 GB free and 144 GB being used. Several times a day I get a notification that Storage Sense wants to free up space as I'm running low. Every time I allow it to "clean up" my computer it tells me it couldn't free up any...