Windows 10: How can I input audio into my laptop

Discus and support How can I input audio into my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using my old tower computer which has two audio inputs, one from a microphone and another from a 3.5 mm line input socket. I do quite a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gordie17, Jul 30, 2020.

1. gordie17 Win User

How can I input audio into my laptop

Hi, I have been using my old tower computer which has two audio inputs, one from a microphone and another from a 3.5 mm line input socket. I do quite a lot of sound recording and editing. On my new laptop there is no provision for a line input. Is it possible to input audio via a usb port or other input, the mic input doesn't seem to work. Gordon.
    P.S. I am using Windows 10.

:)

gordie17, Jul 30, 2020

2. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 30, 2020
  4. How can I input audio into my laptop

Remote device doesn’t detect audio input

The problem that the audio input of my laptop is not visible by the remote computer. I did troubleshooting steps such as checked settings, group policy, remote desktop services. No problem. But it remote audio device isn’t picking up input from my
    mic.

Crystal Richards1, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

How can I input audio into my laptop

1. How can I input audio into my laptop - Similar Threads - input audio laptop

2. how do I set output audio as input audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I set output audio as input audio?: maybe a dumb question but I wonder if I can use digital output on my motherboard as input? I want to connect my xbox 360 to digital output with optical cable and make the sound go out through PC speakers connected to 3.5 jack. is it possible?...
  3. how do I set output audio as input audio?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I set output audio as input audio?: maybe a dumb question but I wonder if I can use digital output on my motherboard as input? I want to connect my xbox 360 to digital output with optical cable and make the sound go out through PC speakers connected to 3.5 jack. is it possible?...
  4. can i combine two audio inputs into one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i combine two audio inputs into one?: I have an electric guitar and a microphone. I have a special cable that makes it possible to connect the guitar to the computer and it is detected as a microphone. when i want to show my friend my guitar playing i have to change the audio input because discrod has only one...
  5. can i combine two audio inputs into one?

can i combine two audio inputs into one?: I have an electric guitar and a microphone. I have a special cable that makes it possible to connect the guitar to the computer and it is detected as a microphone. when i want to show my friend my guitar playing i have to change the audio input because discrod has only one...
  6. can i combine two audio inputs into one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I get my audio input to be my internal laptop microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my audio input to be my internal laptop microphone?: Microsoft is by far the most frustrating and unhelpful company I have EVER had to deal with. Support pages are absoulotely usueless and there is absoloutley 0 way to connect with a representative on either messaging or call. All I need to know is why my internal built in...
  8. How do I get my audio input to be my internal laptop microphone?

How do I get my audio input to be my internal laptop microphone?: Microsoft is by far the most frustrating and unhelpful company I have EVER had to deal with. Support pages are absoulotely usueless and there is absoloutley 0 way to connect with a representative on either messaging or call. All I need to know is why my internal built in...
  9. How do I change my audio input device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my audio input device?: I had 7-8 audio input devices and I disabled all but one. It was the wrong one and I can't figure out how to get things working again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-audio-input-device/0bc5999f-3638-4238-96a9-c2b28edcb807
  10. Laptop Input audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Input audio device: I do not appear to have any audio input devices available. This is shown in the Settings page under Sound. How can I add an audio input device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-input-audio-device/5740b77b-88c5-4579-b547-581e43247808