Windows 10: How Can I Install a desktop version of Skype on Windows 10?

Discus and support How Can I Install a desktop version of Skype on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 apps don't really work properly on my computer. When I launch them they pop up then force close. I generally stick to desktop installs so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasmineBennett, Sep 21, 2018.

1. How Can I Install a desktop version of Skype on Windows 10?

Windows 10 apps don't really work properly on my computer. When I launch them they pop up then force close. I generally stick to desktop installs so this hasn't been an issue until Skype.

I try to install a desktop version, I get re-directed to the store and it makes me install the app. https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/download-skype-for-desktop/

If I try to install an old version I get an error stating "Please install Skype from the Microsoft Store for the best experience" and only an OK button which re-directs me to the app store.

In my app settings I have "Allow apps from anywhere" selected.

:)

JasmineBennett, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

How Can I Install a desktop version of Skype on Windows 10? windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Sep 21, 2018
  3. dorsetknob, Sep 21, 2018
  4. malware Win User

How Can I Install a desktop version of Skype on Windows 10?

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

How Can I Install a desktop version of Skype on Windows 10?

1. How Can I Install a desktop version of Skype on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Install desktop version

2. How can I install window 10 on desktop's SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I install window 10 on desktop's SSD?: Hi guys, My window crashed lately error code 80070013, so I have to plug my laptop's SSD in to make it work again. My problem now is I can't make any modifications to my last SSD the one with the crashed window as it is in read-only mode, and I can't access the User's...
  3. How can I install Windows 1909 version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I install Windows 1909 version?: Hello. I recently bougt and SSD for my old laptop and installed a fresh Windows 10, 2004 version. However, I think there are some compatibilaty issues. Ever since I upgraded from 1909 to 2004, I've been experiences lags in games, can't take a screenshot using Snip and Sketch,...
  4. 2 Skype installs - version 7.9 and version 8.58

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Skype installs - version 7.9 and version 8.58: I had upgraded my ProStar laptop from WIN 7 to WIN 10 earlier this year, and all went well. However, I recently noticed that in Control Panel - Programs and Features, it shows 2 Skype installs - version 7.9 and version 8.58. Since my understanding is that Skype is now...
  5. Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem: I have 9 different computers in my business all running Win10 x64 and we use the Skype for Desktop version on all of them because the Skype Windows 10 app has several serious user interface shortcomings compared to the Skype for Desktop. Up until the last 6 weeks, everyone's...
  6. HP laptop can not complete install of version 8.36 of Skype

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop can not complete install of version 8.36 of Skype: It goes through the install process and gets to testing webcam then nothing. Everything progress normally but when it gets to testing video, it stays on that screen and you can not even log in or out. You must use task manager to exit the program. Any help will be...
  7. How to I get the current version of Skype?

How to I get the current version of Skype?: Skype keeps threatening to abandon me if I don't upgrade to the latest version, but I can't figure out how. I found a typical Microsoft explanation that was of no value. I don't have a C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder so the address they gave doesn't work. Classic...
  8. Skype Win 10 vs Desktop Skype

Skype Win 10 vs Desktop Skype: Where does Skype Win 10 store its chat history? I believe the Desktop version stores it in C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Skype\<SkypeName> in a file called main.db But I can't find something similar for the Win 10 version. Is it stored on MS servers or something? Thanks...
  9. Skype for Desktop

Skype for Desktop: Hi, My W10 PC has Skype and Microsoft Store uninstalled. I tried to install Skype for the Desktop from this site Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app but it does not have W10 option assuming it is already installed by default. "Get Skype from Store" button does...
  10. Update on Skype for Windows desktop installer version 7.40 and lower

in Windows 10 News
    Update on Skype for Windows desktop installer version 7.40 and lower: At Skype, we take security very seriously. There was an issue with an older version of the Skype for Windows desktop installer – version 7.40 and lower. The issue was in the program that installs the Skype software – the issue was not in the Skype software itself....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to skype to windows desktop

2. how to install desktop skype on windows 10

3. sykype for windows 10 vs skype desktop

4. how to install the desktop version of skype on windows 10