Windows 10: How can I install Precision Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10 on my PC?

Discus and support How can I install Precision Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10 on my PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I love the function: Precision Touchpad on Windows 10 in my Laptop. I have a PC and I have just bought a touchpad called: H18+ 2.4GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iesionctiv, Feb 6, 2020.

1. How can I install Precision Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10 on my PC?

How can I install Precision Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10 on my PC? ujOWVHqyU1i7FzbcmOo09QSwggRQ0lZ_O35x6DQgtZA.jpg

I love the function: Precision Touchpad on Windows 10 in my Laptop. I have a PC and I have just bought a touchpad called: H18+ 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard Touchpad to use with my pc.

I tried to find that function on Windows 10 Setting but I couldn't see it. I don't know which driver should I install or what shoud I do to have that function with my new Touchpad.

I tried to search on Google and they said, I should see the text in setting: "Your PC has a precision touchpad", If not, then my pc is not supported.

https://preview.redd.it/o1y2rr18v9f...bp&s=769a1b260883bb4e6d87ea2978f2e825271af13c

Was I wasted money on buying that Touchpad?

Can someone help? Thank so much!!!

1, This is my pc Windows 10 setting:

https://preview.redd.it/qsdfugvdv9f...bp&s=c6d6bd2bff68209d2110584303b05a0601235d41

2, These are instructions from my Touchpad:

https://preview.redd.it/dnr770uhv9f...bp&s=16b33480ab3f6ef37b6c1cf19c7b03c5d0f5756f

https://preview.redd.it/t8g4xmkiv9f...bp&s=8384f3a533315070234606602426b9e516afb7d4

3, This is my PC specifications:

https://preview.redd.it/inp8pjeqw9f...bp&s=7d5bbd4c1e64160d0058550311c8e5065f0ae558

Thanks!!!

submitted by /u/iesionctiv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iesionctiv, Feb 6, 2020

2. Precision Touchpad Driver

Hello

I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and the cursor jumps all over the screen when typing, and selects different input areas, etc. and I want to enable one finger scrolling, which isn't possible with Windows/precision). However, I'm really struggling to do this. I've downloaded the drivers from Synaptics site, but when I disable the device, install this driver (by manually selecting it using have disk), and restart, the touchpad doesn't work at all. If I install the driver by running setup, it appears to install fine, but makes no difference. If I let Windows choose the driver, it reverts back to the precision settings that I don't want!

Been searching all day trying to find something, but no joy - any suggestions?

Thanks

Charlie

charlie1105, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    windows precision drivers for toch pad are not seen as installable in 1809

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows Precision Touchpad is a new class of input devices that provide high precision pointer input and gesture functionality. Microsoft’s precision drivers are made for Windows 10 and customized for ideal trackpad
    experience, however not all devices can run the precision touchpad drivers, though Microsoft has made precision touchpads a requirement on new hardware with newer versions of Windows 10.

You can check if your device already has the precision drivers installed.

Navigate to Settings->Devices->Touchpad.

If you see the Your PC has a precision touchpad text, it means the driver is already installed.

If the driver is not installed, you can follow the steps given below and see if you can get it to work.

• Extract the downloaded drivers to a temporary folder.
    • Right click on Start menu (Windows logo) and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on Elan device and choose
      Update driver.
    • Select Browse my computer for driver software.
    • On next prompt, select
      Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    • On the next page, click the Have Disk button at the bottom right corner of the window.
    • In the Install From Disk window, click the
      Browse button and navigate to the folder where you extracted the touchpad driver.
    • Select the Autorun.inf file in that folder, and then click the
      Open button.
    • Select ELAN Pointing Device option in the list of models, and then click the
      Next button.
    • You will see a warning saying that Windows can’t verify that it is compatible with your hardware.
    • Click on Yes to proceed with installation.
    • Reboot the computer once the installation completes.

If the touchpad doesn’t work after system reboot, roll back the driver to the previous version.

• Extract the downloaded drivers to a temporary folder.
    • Right click on Start menu (Windows logo) and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on Elan and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Roll back driver to reinstall its previous version.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 6, 2020
  4. How can I install Precision Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10 on my PC?

Precision touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be, when the touchpad is not working. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Does touchpad has a Synaptic/Elan driver?

However, we would suggest you to reinstall the touchpad driver.

1. Press Windows +X and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Search and expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    3. Right click on the listed driver one by one and select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device and click
      Ok.
    5. Follow the onscreen steps and restart the PC.
    6. Upon restart the touchpad driver should install automatically, in case it doesn’t install, then go to the manufacturer website and install the touchpad driver for this model.

Also refer these articles for additional help:

Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10

Synaptic Touchpad Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 8 (64-bit) - Laptop

Touchpad and buttons not respond or fail intermittently - idea laptops

How To - Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10, 8, 7

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

How can I install Precision Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10 on my PC?

1. How can I install Precision Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10 on my PC? - Similar Threads - install Precision Touchpad

2. how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?: hello, i am using an HP pavillion x360 14 inch convertible laptop with windows 11 and i'm trying to figure out how to get the precision touchpad drivers on it because the preinstalled drivers synaptics SMBus Clickpad 19.5.35.50 are not good. There is a lot of missing...
  3. how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?: hello, i am using an HP pavillion x360 14 inch convertible laptop with windows 11 and i'm trying to figure out how to get the precision touchpad drivers on it because the preinstalled drivers synaptics SMBus Clickpad 19.5.35.50 are not good. There is a lot of missing...
  4. How can I disable Precision Touchpad features?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable Precision Touchpad features?: How can I disable Precision Touchpad features to allow the use of chiral scrolling? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-precision-touchpad-features/d4279e4a-8a11-4719-b0ff-afbc17c0dac8
  5. How can I use the T650 as a "precision touchpad"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I use the T650 as a "precision touchpad"?: Does anyone know how to use a Logitech T650 as a "precision touchpad" for Windows 10? The goal is gesture control, and I know I can do almost the same thing with Logitech SetPoint, but I consider the "precision touchpad" behavior to be more sophisticated, so I prefer to use...
  6. Regarding Driver for precision touchpad

Regarding Driver for precision touchpad: Laptop : Dell XPS 14 L401X WIndows 7, upgraded to windows 10 insider latest build I had a normal touchpad on my laptop. The driver was synaptics pointing device. I wanted a precision touchpad. So, I found some information on this website : How to enable a Precision Touchpad...
  7. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  8. Not Able To Install Windows Precision Drivers On Touchpad

Not Able To Install Windows Precision Drivers On Touchpad: After i got the October update, my touchpad wasn't working which i had earlier upgraded from Synaptics to windows precision drivers. i installed the Synaptics drivers from Acer support website and then tried installing the precision drivers for Synaptics but something...
  9. Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?

Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?: ok, so I have been working on this issue for a while now. I finally found something in my manuals that states the touchpad is a Precision so dell does not have a driver for it. the trackpad depends on the windows native driver. All settings/devices/touchpad is the only...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show touchpad enable button