Windows 10: How can I install Windows 10 (not upgrade) without losing my files?

Discus and support How can I install Windows 10 (not upgrade) without losing my files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm current on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 (OEM key) and stuck in a boot loop. More on that here. I'd love to get it back to start again so I can backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beanhamster, Sep 11, 2020.

1. How can I install Windows 10 (not upgrade) without losing my files?

I'm current on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 (OEM key) and stuck in a boot loop. More on that here.

I'd love to get it back to start again so I can backup my files on cloud and then do a Windows 10 upgrade. So if you guys know how, please do tell.

If not, then is there a way to install Windows 10 through an (iso) installation disk without losing my files?
    I have two partitions, where Windows is installed and the other one for storing my files.

:)

Beanhamster, Sep 11, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 11, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 11, 2020
  4. How can I install Windows 10 (not upgrade) without losing my files?

Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Is there any info that we can download the Windows 10 ISO file or Bootable file to have a fresh install of Windows 10 using our recent Windows key or Upgrade key.

As far as I have known, installing via upgrade can cause some corrupt files and etc.

A reformat or clean install would be better.

Any thoughts?

rubenclavs, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

How can I install Windows 10 (not upgrade) without losing my files?

1. How can I install Windows 10 (not upgrade) without losing my files? - Similar Threads - install upgrade without

2. can i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 without losing everything on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 without losing everything on my desktop: I want to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to 10 but I don't want to lose everything on my computer like pictures and videos and music and google favorites. Is this possible to do?...
  3. can i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 without losing everything on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 without losing everything on my desktop: I want to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to 10 but I don't want to lose everything on my computer like pictures and videos and music and google favorites. Is this possible to do?...
  4. How do i upgrade windows 8 to 8.1 without losing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i upgrade windows 8 to 8.1 without losing files: So how do i get some keys tho even tho i dont really have one and i dont really want to lose stuff because its my computer and i dont want to lose progress....
  5. How do i upgrade windows 8 to 8.1 without losing files

How do i upgrade windows 8 to 8.1 without losing files: So how do i get some keys tho even tho i dont really have one and i dont really want to lose stuff because its my computer and i dont want to lose progress....
  6. How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files

How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files: I had some pretty heavy files on my computer and for the sake of keeping them on somewhere where I could get them on other devices once I changed my main pc i uploaded these files to icloud drive using the icloud app. But now icloud’s basically drained up my pc’s storage and...
  7. How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?: I have an old Toshiba Satellite. It came with Win 7 activated, I decided to upgrade every computer I have to Win 10. The upgrade went smooth on one, but two couldn't update for whatever reason. My computer reverted to Win7 but didn't activate. So, I decided to do a clean...
  8. How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?: I have an old Toshiba Satellite. It came with Win 7 activated, I decided to upgrade every computer I have to Win 10. The upgrade went smooth on one, but two couldn't update for whatever reason. My computer reverted to Win7 but didn't activate. So, I decided to do a clean...
  9. How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?

10. How do I re-install Windows 10, without losing my files or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I re-install Windows 10, without losing my files or apps: A while back, I ran something to 'debloat' Windows 10. I don't like the changes I made and I wanna go back. Need a quick answer: How do I re-install Windows 10 without losing my files or apps? Do I have to download Windows again? submitted by /u/neonnofficial [link]...