Windows 10: How can I invoke an app not listed in My Programs?

Discus and support How can I invoke an app not listed in My Programs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed an app called Folder Size, which shows folder sizes in Windows 10. It is installed but does not appear in the My Programs list. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by seymoria, Jun 24, 2018.

1. seymoria Win User

How can I invoke an app not listed in My Programs?

I have installed an app called Folder Size, which shows folder sizes in Windows 10. It is installed but does not appear in the My Programs list.

How can I invoke the app manually?

It would be difficult to trace its installation folder and invoke through its exe file.
    Normally, it starts automatically with a Windows startup, but I shut it down manually later from the right bottom tray.

Thanks and regards.

:)

seymoria, Jun 24, 2018
  2. WOT
    WOT Win User

App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

In addition to David Y's suggestion, you can also use OpenOffice Writer to sort a list alphabetically or numerically and its free!

Just place your text in a table and select sort from the Table menu:

How can I invoke an app not listed in My Programs? [​IMG]

Get it here:
    Apache OpenOffice - Official Download

Cheers,

3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. How can I invoke an app not listed in My Programs?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

How can I invoke an app not listed in My Programs?

1. How can I invoke an app not listed in My Programs? - Similar Threads - invoke app listed

2. How can invokes Windows Photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can invokes Windows Photo?: How can I create software that invokes Windows Photo to display an image? I have an application that invokes Office 2010 Picture Manager to display images. I want to upgrade to use Windows Photos under Windows 11. The Photos application is in a directory Program...
  3. How can invokes Windows Photo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can invokes Windows Photo?: How can I create software that invokes Windows Photo to display an image? I have an application that invokes Office 2010 Picture Manager to display images. I want to upgrade to use Windows Photos under Windows 11. The Photos application is in a directory Program...
  4. How can I print a list of all my programs in control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I print a list of all my programs in control panel?: How can I print a list of all my programs in control panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-a-list-of-all-my-programs-in/c10bcaa5-50f6-40ae-b91a-076f0bb280a6
  5. How can I print a list of all my programs in control panel?

How can I print a list of all my programs in control panel?: How can I print a list of all my programs in control panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-a-list-of-all-my-programs-in/c10bcaa5-50f6-40ae-b91a-076f0bb280a6
  6. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  7. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  8. How can I add a program or app to the list of apps that get notifications?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add a program or app to the list of apps that get notifications?: I used to get notifications from a certain program I have installed, a security program. It had a function called "battery mode" which was set to come on when the battery was below 30% (set by me). So in a way it was a reminder that I should plug it in soon. I tried looking...
  9. App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

App or Program That can Alphabetize a list: Hi, all. I'm looking for a program, similar to wordpad, that can put all the items listed in alphabetical order. I already have Open office installed, but there's no option that I can find in that program that has the capability I'm looking for. I've looked around on the Net,...
  10. How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?

How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?: I've tried the tutorial Here and it does not work. I'm trying to add the app 'DotA 2' and have put it in the \programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs and then restarted my PC. It is still not showing up. [img] [img] 12802