Windows 10: How can I just mirror my current display onto a TV without having the cursor go between them?

Discus and support How can I just mirror my current display onto a TV without having the cursor go between them? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my gaming PC and my AVR home theater setup in the same room, and I want to be able to HDMI to my gaming PC to play PC games with the home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Mar 7, 2021.

1. How can I just mirror my current display onto a TV without having the cursor go between them?

I have my gaming PC and my AVR home theater setup in the same room, and I want to be able to HDMI to my gaming PC to play PC games with the home theater setup, but I don't want the cursor to actually move between displays, I'd rather it just be displayed on both like the display is just simply mirroring onto the other one. Is this possible? I have it set so that one of the displays is simply just showing what's on the first one, but my cursor still has the ability to move between them for whatever eason. Any idea what's going on here? THanks!

submitted by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Mar 7, 2021
  2. MisterEd Win User

Mirroring laptop screen to TV - works once only.

I found connecting to the TV hit and miss. I just did it and it took at least 6 tries. I found it sometimes makes a difference whether the laptop starts the connections first or the TV. All I can do is show how I do it and hope that helps.

BTW, my Samsung TV is ten years old and doesn't have Bluetooth. That is OK because I connect to my Samsung [BD]J6300 Blue-Ray player instead.

On the Blue-Ray player I open the Screen Mirroring app that comes with it.

On the laptop I open the notification area on the right side of the screen and...
    • Turn on Bluetooth if it is not on
    • Select Project
    • On the bottom select Connect to a wireless display
    • I then select [BD]J6300 from the list
    • Within 30 seconds it will connect and display

MisterEd, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Mirroring display to Amazon Fire TV Stick

I already saw a similar video. I first turned on display mirroring on my Fire TV stick.

My TV displayed the message waiting for display to mirror (to the TV). Then on my HP laptop, I tried to mirror the display to my Fire TV Stick. but I couldn't do it because my device doesn't support Miracast. Why is that? Does Miracast need hardware support
    to run? Or could my Windows 10 be updated with some optional component to make Miracast work?

Or is there some other way to do this?

ArthuBrown, Mar 7, 2021
  4. How can I just mirror my current display onto a TV without having the cursor go between them?

Mirroring function

Just to make sure that this issue doesn't only occur on your particular PC, have you tried mirroring a different PC to the same TV? Did the same issue occur?

Have you also tried mirroring on the same PC before? Did it work successfully? If yes, what were the recent changes made before mirroring failed to work?

To make sure that you got the right steps in projecting a wireless display with Miracast, you may check these steps:

• Turn ON the Miracast option if your TV comes with built-in Miracast support.
    • Press the Windows + I keys to go to
      Settings
    • Click Devices, then Connected Devices.
    • Click on "Add a Device" and wait for the adapter to appear in the list. Click on the receiving adapter.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Her, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

How can I just mirror my current display onto a TV without having the cursor go between them?

1. How can I just mirror my current display onto a TV without having the cursor go between them? - Similar Threads - mirror current display

2. hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv: hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tTV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-mirror-my-laptop-to-my-tv/ee9a617b-9708-46ec-b0fe-db0dcfaeda57
  3. hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv: hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tTV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-mirror-my-laptop-to-my-tv/ee9a617b-9708-46ec-b0fe-db0dcfaeda57
  4. Mirroring To My TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirroring To My TV: I have a TV that is over twenty years old and I am inquiring to see if it can be used in any way to mirror what I am doing on my Computer and show on the TV.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirroring-to-my-tv/80130a73-47a4-4549-915d-2818d9477aac
  5. Mirroring To My TV

Mirroring To My TV: I have a TV that is over twenty years old and I am inquiring to see if it can be used in any way to mirror what I am doing on my Computer and show on the TV.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirroring-to-my-tv/80130a73-47a4-4549-915d-2818d9477aac
  6. How to Mirror Display without Flipping?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Mirror Display without Flipping?: Hello,Just wondering if it is possible to mirror the display WITHOUT flipping it upside down?The closest I can find is to go to "Display Settings > Display Orientation > Landscape flipped", but I do not want the screen to be upside down as well.Any options?Thanks!...
  7. How to Mirror Display without Flipping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Mirror Display without Flipping?: Hello,Just wondering if it is possible to mirror the display WITHOUT flipping it upside down?The closest I can find is to go to "Display Settings > Display Orientation > Landscape flipped", but I do not want the screen to be upside down as well.Any options?Thanks!...
  8. How to Mirror Display without Flipping?

9. how can i download multiple documents or images without them going to a zip? I just want...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i download multiple documents or images without them going to a zip? I just want...: how can i download multiple documents or images without them going to a zip? I just want the individual, separate downloads. I don't want a zip file at all....
  10. how can i download multiple documents or images without them going to a zip? I just want...

how can i download multiple documents or images without them going to a zip? I just want...: how can i download multiple documents or images without them going to a zip? I just want the individual, separate downloads. I don't want a zip file at all....