Windows 10: How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus?

Discus and support How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I have a little question regarding tab focus. I play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, and sometimes, I want to Alt-Tab to check stuff on Discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SenpaiTati, Oct 24, 2020.

1. How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus?

Hello! I have a little question regarding tab focus.

I play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, and sometimes, I want to Alt-Tab to check stuff on Discord or a browser, but doing so makes the game lose focus and when I Alt-Tab back to the game, it disconnects me from it and I have to enter the server again.

Is there a way to set up a program so that it is always running and Alt-Tabbing/Minimizing doesn't affect it? Thanks!!

submitted by /u/SenpaiTati
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SenpaiTati, Oct 24, 2020

2. alt + tab not working

*Confused How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus? :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Oct 24, 2020
  3. alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus?

alt + tab not working

Scratching head, going "duh"... *Wink How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus? ;)

Sasqui, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus?

1. How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus? - Similar Threads - keep Alt Tabbed

2. Alt + Tab keeps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + Tab keeps not working: Alt + tab does nothing. I can get it to function for a little while by restarting the computer or Windows Explorer in Task Manager.I'm not really sure what else to try, I 'think' it's not a policy problem because it works for maybe half of an hour whenever I apply a fix, but...
  3. Alt + Tab keeps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Tab keeps not working: Alt + tab does nothing. I can get it to function for a little while by restarting the computer or Windows Explorer in Task Manager.I'm not really sure what else to try, I 'think' it's not a policy problem because it works for maybe half of an hour whenever I apply a fix, but...
  4. Windows 10 Alt plus Tab slow [Not Focus Assist]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt plus Tab slow [Not Focus Assist]: I'm on an Asus laptop with an MX330 and a core i7 9700k. After installing an intel graphics command center driver update, I noticed my alt plus tab was really slow so I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for it.Thanks in advance...
  5. Alt tab keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alt tab keeps popping up: After last update alt+tab keeps popping up every second, I didn't know what is the problem so I reset windows, but the problem still there , now I can't uninstall the updates. What should I do please?...
  6. [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs: don't know what's happening, but alt+tab freezes for a bit, it used to be simultaneous before. submitted by /u/nwr83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpt8rs/bug_slow_alttabbing_between_programs/
  7. Alt + Tab when a program is busy

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt + Tab when a program is busy: There's a game I play called Kerbal Space Program and it often takes a long time at loading screens. I'd like to Alt + Tab out of the game during loading but the problem is that the Alt + Tab take a long time to be registered by which time the loading is almost, if not...
  8. Unable to alt+tab out of certian programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to alt+tab out of certian programs: So, This has only started happening recently, but sometimes when I alt tab, I'll see the selector go to another program, but it doesn't change. This has happened with a couple programs, most of which have custom windows (Origin, BF4, CS:GO, Garry's Mod, and other no border...
  9. Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs: Hi all, I recently downloaded Windows 10 Pro and Display Fusion (I prefer it) for my multi-monitor setup and now when I alt-tab I see : [img] Which are many miscellaneous applications that seemingly have no use. I'm not quite sure if it's a problem with my Windows or...
  10. How can I make it, so I can alt-tab to main desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make it, so I can alt-tab to main desktop?: I was a Windows 8.1 user and I just can't get it through me that there is no button to go to desktop. When I alt-tab it only shows applications i have running I tried to enable all-desktops in the mutli-tasking option in settings. What else is there that can help me? Thank...