Windows 10: How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer?

Discus and support How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I've seen this question here before, mostly answered two ways: 1) "Simply, you can't" 2) "Try this 2-page workaround each time" I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarOnni, Jun 29, 2019.

1. MarOnni Win User

How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer?

Hi.

I've seen this question here before, mostly answered two ways:

1) "Simply, you can't"

2) "Try this 2-page workaround each time"

I have recently bought a win7 desktop (2nd hand) and a win10 tablet, and for heavy workloads I still have to go to my winXP laptop - thank God I never upgraded it - because of the lack of personalization, hence ergonomics, on the new machines.

I'm sincerely convinced there should be some way, because win7 & win10 cannot be such fundamentally flawed!

Thank you in advance.

:)

MarOnni, Jun 29, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Behavior - Used To Be Different

Howdy,

This is a little hard to describe, so here it goes!

This is the old behavior in Windows Explorer (Windows 10 64 Bit). If I moved a folder into a different directory that has A LOT of folders in it, Windows Explorer would auto scroll to that folder after it has been copied. Amazing.

However, recently Windows Explorer is now doing something different. When I move a folder into a different directory, it DOES NOT auto scroll to the moved folder. This is a big deal in picture folders or likewise as I now have to add an extra step if I
    immediately want access to the moved folder. Needless to say, this new behavior has disrupted my workflow!

I hope that there is a quick fix and that it is because of some option that I unintentionally changed.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

Dandezebra, Jun 29, 2019
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer? 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer? 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jun 29, 2019
  4. How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer?

List of folders in Mail and Yahoo is different

I have my yahoo mail account set up in Windows mail. However the list of folders in yahoo and mail is different e.g. I have a trash folder in yahoo but not in Mail. How do I get them to sync ?

Patrick-996, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer?

1. How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer? - Similar Threads - keep different settings

2. System keeps crashing and each dump is different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System keeps crashing and each dump is different: Over the last 2 years, my HP AMD laptop often crashes with BSOD for no reason. It can happen both when in use or idle. It can happen as infrequent as once a month, or as frequent as 3 times a day. I've tried both win10 and win11 and it's the same.Recently, after behaving good...
  3. System keeps crashing and each dump is different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System keeps crashing and each dump is different: Over the last 2 years, my HP AMD laptop often crashes with BSOD for no reason. It can happen both when in use or idle. It can happen as infrequent as once a month, or as frequent as 3 times a day. I've tried both win10 and win11 and it's the same.Recently, after behaving good...
  4. System keeps crashing and each dump is different

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  6. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  7. How can I have a different mouse on each monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I have a different mouse on each monitor?: I am using a 4k cheap Acer monitor for productivity only its only 60hz, not very bright and bad color accuracy, and good samsung 1440p monitor for my main usage. The annoyance I am having, is that when I switch my mouse over to my 4k monitor, it is too small but the mouse...
  8. How can I set up a different wallpaper slideshow on each monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set up a different wallpaper slideshow on each monitor?: Hello everyone, How can I set up a different slideshow on each of my 2 monitors? I just got a second monitor and I can set a different wallpaper on each, but for some reason I cannot choose which screen I want to apply a slideshow to. I have a folder of images I want to...
  9. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???: Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders...
  10. How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it: I have a Surface Pro 4 running the latest update of Windows10, and a LG Ultrawide monitor. I have set the display settings manually, and I have reviewed them using the regedit -- and everything works fine and I'm happy with the settings: I have the Surface Pro display set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different folder Settings