Windows 10: How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the...

Discus and support How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know that there are many articles about it, and I have read them all, but nothing works. It's using hundreds of megabytes of RAM, which induces my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jooohn_cenaaa, Dec 3, 2020.

1. How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the...

I know that there are many articles about it, and I have read them all, but nothing works. It's using hundreds of megabytes of RAM, which induces my PC to freeze every 30 seconds. Things I have tried:

1) Disabling everything in Windows Defender/Security Center. The process remains in Task Manager, and after restart the real-time protection has automatically been turned on.

2) Created a DWORD value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender named "DisableAntiSpyware". It doesn't turn off the antivirus, and is deleted upon reboot. I'm using Windows 10 Home version 20H2, so I think that it's no longer supported. Disabling the values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender doesn't work, as access is denied.

3) Deleting the MsMpEng.exe file. I can't delete it, nor take ownership, as everything is greyed out.

After every restart, even in safe mode, the process is still on.

It is so infuriating how I can't use my computer properly only because some immortal process is using up all of the memory. How do I get rid of it?

submitted by /u/jooohn_cenaaa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jooohn_cenaaa, Dec 3, 2020

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng) is not turning off aftre all the steps recommended.

Hello , every time I open the task manager I can notice the Antimalware service executable . I tried to end this process for the task manager but it doesn't work . I went online and I tried almost all the possibilities to stop it (from task scheduler>Windows
    defender>unticking all the conditions/putting MsMpEng on windows defender blocking apps) but it stills not turning off when its taking off my experience during games .

AntoineBou, Dec 3, 2020
  4. How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the...

Antimalware service excutable consuming ram and cpu

Hello,

We would like to know more about this concern, please provide the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Antimalware Service Executable is the name of the process MsMpEng (MsMpEng.exe) used by the Windows Defender program. The service associated with this program is the Windows Defender Service. For possible troubleshooting steps, you can check GreginMich's
    post through this link.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the...

1. How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the... - Similar Threads - kill Antimalware Service

2. How can I stop Antimalware service executable ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I stop Antimalware service executable ?: I have scanned my full system with windows defender. but after that Antimalware service executable continually running. due to that my entire laptop becomes slow. i have tried to re schedule task for that and trying to kill the process but none of things are working....
  3. Stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Antimalware Service Executable: How do I stop the Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10?I've tried using the Group Policy Editor and Registry editor but the old methods don't seem to work anymore. This thing is unusable with Windows Defender turned on and I don't have access to my Mac right now....
  4. Antimalware Service Executable Content Process

Antimalware Service Executable Content Process: I have 2 versions of antimalware service.exe running,the usual one and today a new one that I have neve seen before. Going file location from the task manager the file is "MsMpEngCP.exe". Note the extra CP as opposed to the normal one which is " MsMpEng.exe".Why is this...
  5. Stop Antimalware service executable

Stop Antimalware service executable: I have tried registry edit, task scheduler. I can't seem to stop Windows defender antimalware service executable.It says its disabled but its still using the same amount of resources when I check task manager. How can I stop it without it starting up again....
  6. I want to kill/remove antimalware service executable

I want to kill/remove antimalware service executable: Don't need alternative antivirus. tried with regedit keys DisableAntiSpyware and DisableAntivirus with value 1. tried with local policy edit. My system will always return to previous configuration, and I can't turn it off. How do I kill or remove it. - only acceptable...
  7. How to kill the Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10?

How to kill the Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10?: I have tried methods of disabling the software using the registry editor and even using command prompt. But those methods are of no use. They were unable to kill the above mentioned service. I already have an antivirus software installed. I would not bother about the working...
  8. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...
  9. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...
  10. how to stop antimalware service executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop antimalware service executable: hloo.i want to stop anti malware serviceexecutable in my pc.necause it using lot of memory and disk space.therby it making my computer very slow.pls provide steps to stop it or close it.while im trying to stop it in task manager,it shows as access is denied....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kill msmpeng