Windows 10: How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

Discus and support How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As a parent, I would like to know if my teen son is once again cheating and bypassing parental controls. Im using Microsoft Family Safety, I wonder if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by antonio3535, Feb 11, 2021.

1. How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

As a parent, I would like to know if my teen son is once again cheating and bypassing parental controls. Im using Microsoft Family Safety, I wonder if therere ways to bypass it.

If you delete browsing history on a browser (such as Chrome, Firerox etc) and from the cloud, how can I know hes been using it? Could I check some cookies or timestamps? Can Event Viewer show when an app has been opened or closed?

Id appreciate any experiences on this

Windows 10 20H2

:)

antonio3535, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

Microsoft Edge - Browser History?

Hi Barry,

Browsers keep all websites that you have accessed unless you delete the browsing history. Edge and Internet Explorer can keep the history of the accessed websites up to 999 days. To configure the settings, follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Internet Options then press Enter.
    • Under Browsing history, click on Settings.
    • Go to the History tab.
    • Adjust the number of days if necessary.

Let us know if you have questions.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 11, 2021
  3. coooldawn Win User
    anybody know how to delete yahoo search history

could someone please let us know how to delete yahoo history urgentlyyyyyyy.

coooldawn, Feb 11, 2021
  4. CatGuyTX Win User

How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

Browser History won't delete

Try this method! The way to delete your browsing history is to go to your Settings, swipe left to go to the Applications. Select Internet Explorer. Scroll down to the bottom of that page. You will see the box that says "delete history" You will get the
    confirmation page "Are you sure?" then select delete. Your browser history, cookies, saved passwords, and temporary internet files will be deleted. The information that EdHans posted should also have worked for you.

With that taken care of:

• You will probably want to check; Allow cookies on my phone. This will make your browsing perform a little faster and not affect any purchasing of any apps you chose to buy.
    • Checking the "Get suggestions from Bing as I type" will bring up suggestions to what you may be looking for. I find this very beneficial when searching for something.
    • By 'Allow Internet Explorer to collect my browsing history' will make it easier for you to return to previous sites you visit.
    You can always follow the directions that I've posted to delete your history at leisure or when you choose.

I hope this answers your question and solves your problem. If so, please mark this answer as helpful and answered. Please post back if you need more assistance.

Have a great day!

CatGuyTX, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

1. How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted? - Similar Threads - browser has been

2. How to know if a hard drive has been used on different PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know if a hard drive has been used on different PCs: Hello there,I have a doubt about a hard drive on a PC with Windows 10, that comes from another old PC also Windows 10. Do I have a way to check if that is so?, does Windows 10 track any hardware related data from the old PC I could check to verify this suspicion?.My first bet...
  3. How to know if a hard drive has been used on different PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know if a hard drive has been used on different PCs: Hello there,I have a doubt about a hard drive on a PC with Windows 10, that comes from another old PC also Windows 10. Do I have a way to check if that is so?, does Windows 10 track any hardware related data from the old PC I could check to verify this suspicion?.My first bet...
  4. How to know if a hard drive has been used on different PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can i know if the threat has been removed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i know if the threat has been removed?: A week ago, microsoft defender found HackTool:Win32 on my pc. I was very scared and i removed it. I used lots of antivirus and Tron too, everyone says it has been removed but microsoft defender finds it again at every scansion even if the file has been removed. How can i be...
  6. Can i know if the threat has been removed?

Can i know if the threat has been removed?: A week ago, microsoft defender found HackTool:Win32 on my pc. I was very scared and i removed it. I used lots of antivirus and Tron too, everyone says it has been removed but microsoft defender finds it again at every scansion even if the file has been removed. How can i be...
  7. How can I know if an app has been uninstalled?

How can I know if an app has been uninstalled?: If you suspect someone has installed then uninstalled an app, I guess there must be some way to know. I wonder if there's any Event Viewer trace left for this. Any help much appreciated Windows 10 20H2 174373
  8. How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?: As a parent, I would like to know if my teen son is once again cheating and bypassing parental controls. Im using Microsoft Family Safety, I wonder if therere ways to bypass it. If you delete browsing history on a browser (such as Chrome, Firerox etc) and from the cloud, how...
  9. How do i see if prefetch has been deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i see if prefetch has been deleted: Since I know that the prefetch files are very often useful to know which .exe files have been started in the pc I would like to know if there is a method to detect if the prefetch has been modified in some way Obviously not with the last modification as the prefetch is a...
  10. Desktop has been deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop has been deleted: I ran an automatic windows update and on restarting my laptop the entire desktop has gone. All I jave is a blank screen with a Recycle bon in the top left hand corner. Any advice please?...