Windows 10: How can I know if an app has been uninstalled?

Discus and support How can I know if an app has been uninstalled? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If you suspect someone has installed then uninstalled an app, I guess there must be some way to know. I wonder if there's any Event Viewer trace left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by antonio3535, Feb 16, 2021.

1. How can I know if an app has been uninstalled?

If you suspect someone has installed then uninstalled an app, I guess there must be some way to know. I wonder if there's any Event Viewer trace left for this.

Any help much appreciated

Windows 10 20H2

:)

antonio3535, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, How can I know if an app has been uninstalled? :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    how to uninstall Apps

Hi,

About your concern, you can uninstall apps by following the steps bellow:

• From your home screen, swipe left to go to apps list.
    • Look for the apps that you want to uninstall.
    • Press and hold the app then tap uninstall.
    Please note that built in apps can't be uninstalled or removed from the phone.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Mark Isi Win User

How can I know if an app has been uninstalled?

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

How can I know if an app has been uninstalled?

1. How can I know if an app has been uninstalled? - Similar Threads - app has been

2. My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know, how can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know, how can I get it back?: My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have been trying to reset my password - no luck. Can you help me get my account back? I am currently using another account just to send this message and hopefully reach out...
  3. My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know, how can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know, how can I get it back?: My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have been trying to reset my password - no luck. Can you help me get my account back? I am currently using another account just to send this message and hopefully reach out...
  4. Can i know if the threat has been removed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i know if the threat has been removed?: A week ago, microsoft defender found HackTool:Win32 on my pc. I was very scared and i removed it. I used lots of antivirus and Tron too, everyone says it has been removed but microsoft defender finds it again at every scansion even if the file has been removed. How can i be...
  5. Can i know if the threat has been removed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i know if the threat has been removed?: A week ago, microsoft defender found HackTool:Win32 on my pc. I was very scared and i removed it. I used lots of antivirus and Tron too, everyone says it has been removed but microsoft defender finds it again at every scansion even if the file has been removed. How can i be...
  6. Does anyone know how i can uninstall this app "One Photo Viewer"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how i can uninstall this app "One Photo Viewer"?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_Hero_0f_Time [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vogcmn/does_anyone_know_how_i_can_uninstall_this_app_one/
  7. How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?: As a parent, I would like to know if my teen son is once again cheating and bypassing parental controls. Im using Microsoft Family Safety, I wonder if therere ways to bypass it. If you delete browsing history on a browser (such as Chrome, Firerox etc) and from the cloud, how...
  8. How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?: As a parent, I would like to know if my teen son is once again cheating and bypassing parental controls. Im using Microsoft Family Safety, I wonder if therere ways to bypass it. If you delete browsing history on a browser (such as Chrome, Firerox etc) and from the cloud, how...
  9. How to remove a service that has been uninstalled

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a service that has been uninstalled: There is a service that is still visible even thought the program is uninstalled. Not only is it visible in services but it can be found using this command. sc queryex type= service state= all | find /i "wonder" However, when I try to delete, it says it's not installed....
  10. Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled

Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled: I deleted/uninstalled Webroot SecureAnywhere months ago, once my free trial ended. I downloaded a new app for checking for viruses on my laptop around the same time. But the Webroot is still "installed" on my laptop and every time I try to uninstall it, it takes me to the...