Windows 10: How can I know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied?

Discus and support How can I know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there any way to know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied in Windows 10? Can Event Viewer show this? Any help much welcome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by antonio3535, Feb 11, 2021.

1. How can I know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied?

Is there any way to know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied in Windows 10? Can Event Viewer show this?

Any help much welcome

Windows 10 20H2

:)

antonio3535, Feb 11, 2021

2. delete downloads and empty the recycle bin

Simple!

• To delete all downloads: Open the Downloads folder, then delete the lot.
    • To empty the Recycle Bin: Right-click it, then left-click "Empty Recycle Bin"
    There is a lot of power in right-clicks!

Frederik Long, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Empty Recycle Bin Tip

Add Empty The Recyle Bin to right click on your desktop (Works with XP & Vista)

Just Copy the the text below to notepad and save the file .reg (tip.reg) click on the file and there ya go!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]
    @="Empty Recycle Bin"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]
    @="{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]

Morrison5891, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

How can I know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied?

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

How can I know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied?

1. How can I know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied? - Similar Threads - files been deleted

2. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  3. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  4. Emptied recycle bin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Emptied recycle bin: Hello,I tried speaking to online help but was proptly ignored. My files were all moved to the recycle bin thinking they were still on my hard drive and not just on OneDrive, and then the recycle bin was emptied yesterday. Obviously having seen what happened, and the mistake...
  5. How to empty the recycle bin with a batch file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to empty the recycle bin with a batch file?: It has to be a cmd batch file, I can't do it with PowerShell because running scripts is disabled for whatever reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-empty-the-recycle-bin-with-a-batch-file/cf2ac2c9-5508-4f25-9e76-4d6ebfcb7c0c
  6. How can I know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied?

How can I know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied?: Is there any way to know if files have been deleted or the recycle bin emptied in Windows 10? Can Event Viewer show this? Any help much welcome Windows 10 20H2 174071
  7. I have emptied important files in the Recycle Bin - HELP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have emptied important files in the Recycle Bin - HELP?: I need help urgently. I have deleted super important folders with files and emptied the recycle bin afterwards. How can I restore this? I use Windows 10. A backup is not set up. Is there a special forum somewhere? Thanks for your help! Ich habe wichtige Dateien im...
  8. Empty Recycle Bin

Empty Recycle Bin: I have recently had a new Hard Drive installe. Having re-installed my software and apps I have a list of 42 files in recycle bin that will not delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-recycle/6bacd00c-4699-478a-9de7-45cab25e6dd3
  9. Help recovering deleted files from recycle bin! (empty recycle bin)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help recovering deleted files from recycle bin! (empty recycle bin): As you can see in the subject of the post, I have accidentally deleted a folder from my desktop, and after few moments I emptied my recycle bin. Have already tried recuva, and had no luck... Rstudio 8 deep scan is now ongoing, but I am eager to search for some more...
  10. Empty Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Recycle Bin?: Hi, New here . Lots of questions, but for now....How do I empty the recycle bin. I found how to access "Recycle Bin" on desktop but when I click on it a long list comes up and I have to delete each one individually and even that does not remove them. Where is the old reliable...