Windows 10: How can I know what is faulty in my pc config?

Discus and support How can I know what is faulty in my pc config? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built a pc a few weeks ago, and I have been getting blue death errors since that. There are at least 10 types of error codes, I sought after them but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/asdf12358, Jan 9, 2021.

1. How can I know what is faulty in my pc config?

I built a pc a few weeks ago, and I have been getting blue death errors since that. There are at least 10 types of error codes, I sought after them but they can show a hundred types of issues.. I also runned memory and hard drive diagnostic without any result. Last time I updated the BIOS, and it seemed like the problem is resolved because hasn’t popped up any error for 3 days. But I got an error again (critical process died), and after that I couldn’t even start my pc. As soon as I started it immediately popped up this error again and again.

Now I replaced both my memory and hard drive. I could reinstall the windows and no more errors for a day now.. Btw I tried this replaced ssd in another pc, and this “critical process died” error showed up in that config as well. Maybe this ssd was my problem? Or memory compatibility issue?

Please advice what can I do with this situation..

My config: I3-10100 cpu MSI B460M A PRO mobo Patriot viper m.2 pci SSD Radeon rx 580 gpu

submitted by /u/asdf12358
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/asdf12358, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 9, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Donna Men Win User

How can I know what is faulty in my pc config?

Faulty Startup

Hi,

There are few reasons why you encounter this issue. For us to isolate the concern, we suggest that you run a Starup repair by following these steps:

• Simultaneously pressing Shift + click Restart.
    • When the blue screen appear, click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options, then click Startup Repair.
    • Select the OS you want to repair, when prompted.

You will see the Diagnosing your PC that indicates repair is starting, and it will attempt to automatically repair errors.

If repair wasn't successful, a summary window will appear with the log file.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

How can I know what is faulty in my pc config?

1. How can I know what is faulty in my pc config? - Similar Threads - faulty config

2. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I troubleshoot/debug a built-in service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding the root cause of the issue which is preventing a service from starting.I know SCM is responsible for managing...
  3. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I debug a service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding root cause of the issue preventing a service from starting.Edit: service is "WinRM"...
  4. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I debug a service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding root cause of the issue preventing a service from starting.Edit: service is "WinRM"...
  5. Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password

Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password: I was able to solve this myself and posting here to hopefully help anyone else out because I didn't see this suggestion when I was searching.Windows 11 had decided it was demanding a PIN usually I use a fingerprint and was claiming my password was incorrect which it wasn't as...
  6. Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password: I was able to solve this myself and posting here to hopefully help anyone else out because I didn't see this suggestion when I was searching.Windows 11 had decided it was demanding a PIN usually I use a fingerprint and was claiming my password was incorrect which it wasn't as...
  7. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install: System: CPU: i9 13900kGPU: RTX 4090Mobo: ASUS B 760f WIFISSD: 2xSamsung 980 PRO 1TB in m2. Slot 1 and 2RAM: Kingston FURY DDR5 32 Gb 6000 MhzPSU: be Quit! Straight Line 1000WI Build this system 9 month ago, set ip up with Win 11 at that time and it ran perfectly fine for 9...
  8. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install: System: CPU: i9 13900kGPU: RTX 4090Mobo: ASUS B 760f WIFISSD: 2xSamsung 980 PRO 1TB in m2. Slot 1 and 2RAM: Kingston FURY DDR5 32 Gb 6000 MhzPSU: be Quit! Straight Line 1000WI Build this system 9 month ago, set ip up with Win 11 at that time and it ran perfectly fine for 9...
  9. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic

Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic: I found my old microphone a few weeks ago. I tried to see if it still works or not but it wont record. I already tried checking in the Control Panel but nothing works. Any help?...