Windows 10: How can I know when/how an outlook email went to a wrong Inbox?

Discus and support How can I know when/how an outlook email went to a wrong Inbox? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Some received emails are somehow going to the Inbox on My Outlook Data File, instead of my email inbox. Would it be possible to check how/when an... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by antonio3535, Feb 7, 2020.

1. How can I know when/how an outlook email went to a wrong Inbox?

Some received emails are somehow going to the Inbox on My Outlook Data File, instead of my email inbox.

Would it be possible to check how/when an email went there? Can Event Viewer show this?

Any help much welcome.

System: Windows 10 Pro, 1903. Office 365.

:)

antonio3535, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

How can I know when/how an outlook email went to a wrong Inbox?

Antonio,

Event viewer does not record such things.

Please would you post screenshots of your Outlook navigation pane [the left-hand pane] showing your folder structure because I don't know what you mean by 'Inbox' rather than 'email Inbox', you seem to be using two terms for the same thing.

You should check your Rules & alerts for anything affecting moving emails between folders.

Denis

3. How can I know when/how an outlook email went to a wrong Inbox?

Some received emails are somehow going to the Inbox on My Outlook Data File, instead of my email inbox.

Would it be possible to check how/when an email went there? Can Event Viewer show this?

Any help much welcome.

System: Windows 10 Pro, 1903. Office 365.

antonio3535, Feb 26, 2020
  4. How can I know when/how an outlook email went to a wrong Inbox?

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

How can I know when/how an outlook email went to a wrong Inbox?

1. How can I know when/how an outlook email went to a wrong Inbox? - Similar Threads - outlook email went

2. Outlook inbox is not displaying new emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook inbox is not displaying new emails: Hello,Since a few days ago our outlook is not automatically displaying new emails in out inbox. We have the version 1.2023.118.100 and did not make any updates or change any settings. Now the only way for us to receive new messages is to close and reopen outlook or click on...
  3. Outlook inbox is not displaying new emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook inbox is not displaying new emails: Hello,Since a few days ago our outlook is not automatically displaying new emails in out inbox. We have the version 1.2023.118.100 and did not make any updates or change any settings. Now the only way for us to receive new messages is to close and reopen outlook or click on...
  4. How can I stop my inbox emails being removed .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I stop my inbox emails being removed .: As soon as I have opened an email and read the same, that email is removed. Due to this clearing of my inbox, I have lost details regarding my orders that have been stored in the inbox. Is it possible to return to the old inbox system whereas I control the removal of the...
  5. How to Outlook inbox size increase

in Browsers and Email
    How to Outlook inbox size increase: My Outlook inbox daily 200 mail .then suddenly in box full.any options 139698
  6. How to Outlook inbox size increes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Outlook inbox size increes: My Outlook inbox daily 200 mail .then suddenly in box full.any options 139698
  7. Gmail inbox now empty - how can move email back to inbox

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail inbox now empty - how can move email back to inbox: I have a Gmail account, but this is usually accessed through Outlook 2016. Since I'd been having serious problems with the synchronization, I blindly followed the advice given by RyanV_408 (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...?auth=1&page=2) and ended up with no...
  8. Outlook email inbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook email inbox: don't see much help for outlook email in the app, so the answer is probably easy. why can't I see all of the messages in my inbox on my surface, but I can on my phone. can't seem to find a setting or filter I need to change. thanks. Lew...
  9. Emails drop in the wrong inbox

Emails drop in the wrong inbox: I have two email accounts: Gmail and Hotmail. But I get my Gmail letters into Hotmail inbox. How can adjust it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-drop-in-the-wrong-inbox/87be0a05-626d-42e4-9fda-5b8c111be896
  10. outlook inbox not update emails

outlook inbox not update emails: Hello My outlook 2016 is not update my inbox? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/outlook-inbox-not-update-emails/35ff1e78-9d1f-4c58-81e0-2ca66cdc0371