Windows 10: How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10

Discus and support How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HiWhen my PC starts up there is 7GB of memory set aside as cache/standby. As I use my PC through the day and over the course of a couple of days this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrMadMattyX, Sep 1, 2021.

1. How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10

HiWhen my PC starts up there is 7GB of memory set aside as cache/standby. As I use my PC through the day and over the course of a couple of days this goes up until there is around 25GB cached. When it gets to this point starting an application that requires a lot of memory will typically cause all other applications to crash, screens go blank off and on and often the PC itself will restart.I understand its there so that previous apps when starting for a second time will be quicker but the experience is that second time running an app is only marginally quicker and harm it causes in reducing

:)

MrMadMattyX, Sep 1, 2021

2. Standby/CACHE RAM Limitation setting or program for Windows 10

I Need to figure out how to change a setting in windows to set a Maximum Standby Memory or Cached memory to a limit of my choosing. I know people already say Windows 10 requires more cached ram so the operating system is "Faster". But i don't want Windows
    hogging 4GB of RAM when it could be used for something else. I've looked at other posts about C++ being an option but i am not a programmer. Is there a good trustworthy freeware or Command line code i don't know about that can permanently change this setting?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

Fate Stay Arch, Sep 1, 2021
  3. How to Disable memory caching/standby memory in windows 10?

Hello,

We understand that you are aware on how it works with the memory caching and the standby memory. However, the feature to completely turn off standby memory or memory caching is not yet available. To better assist you, we suggest that you post your query
    to our Feedback Hub. From there, you'll be able to submit a new issue where Microsoft developers will cater it.

We encourage you to submit your issue using the
    Feedback Hub
    . You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly
    receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana
      search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or
      Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
      Redirection Tools<unique link>).

Let us know if this information was helpful to you.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 1, 2021
  4. How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10

How to Disable memory caching/standby memory in windows 10?

Okay I know this is going to sound strange and I know Im going to get people that will tell me how I dont want to turn off standby memory.

SHUSH

yes I do. don't tell me I dont.

I have been having several stability and preformance problems related to standby memory slowly growing and taking up space during a usage session, noticeably impacting performance and causing response time lags and even stutters.

When my system is freshly booted up and the standby memory is hardly taking up any space on my ram at all, my system is lightning fast with no performance issues at all, but as the standby memory grows i start getting audio stuttering, video stuttering, and
    even mouse response lag.

When I clear the standby memory that all goes away.

Please can anyone tell me how do I 100% turn off standby memory/memory caching in its entirety? Meaning yes there will be empty space in my RAM unless an application decides to fill it. meaning applications also dont have to wait for the standby memory to be
    unloaded to replace the adress with its own memory. As far as I'm concerned at this point Standby memory in windows 10 is just a fancy kind of memory leak.

Technificent, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10

1. How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10 - Similar Threads - limit standby cache

2. Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?: I have 128GB of RAM in my Windows 11 computer. Task Manager shows 15.8 to 16.4GB of it "cached". I've made the paging on the drives smaller, but can I reduce the amount that is "cached"?This is a screenshot from Task Manager....
  3. Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?: I have 128GB of RAM in my Windows 11 computer. Task Manager shows 15.8 to 16.4GB of it "cached". I've made the paging on the drives smaller, but can I reduce the amount that is "cached"?This is a screenshot from Task Manager....
  4. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory: standby memory has been an issue for a long time, as far as I can tell Microsoft is just using it to cover up memory leaks.is there any way to clear it without rebooting? or at least limit it so it'll only take up at most half my free memory?...
  5. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory: standby memory has been an issue for a long time, as far as I can tell Microsoft is just using it to cover up memory leaks.is there any way to clear it without rebooting? or at least limit it so it'll only take up at most half my free memory?...
  6. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Standby Memory

Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  8. How to disable memory caching and the standby memory in Win 10

How to disable memory caching and the standby memory in Win 10: Hi, I have been noticing that my laptop stutters and plain does the hour-glass thing on many occasions. I have been too busy to investigate until now. What I found is that practically all my memory appears to be permanently utilized and when I try to trace what process is...
  9. I would like to disable or set a limit on standby Memory.

I would like to disable or set a limit on standby Memory.: I have been using RamMap to remove StandBy Memory for a long time and it works fine bu I already know that StandBy memory is memory that is available, but I also know that when running VM those VM run a lot faster when I clear the StandBy memory. I am looking for a how to...
  10. Limit Memory Allocated to Cached

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limit Memory Allocated to Cached: My Windows OS and all hardware work great with 1.3GB of cached memory, but over time Windows will ask for more, without any good purpose. I don't want to allow Windows to use more than it needs, I need the other memory for other applications, and if Windows Caches memory its...