Windows 10: how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings?

Discus and support how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kamama, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Kamama Win User

how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings?

how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings?

:)

Kamama, Aug 22, 2019
  2. tchimev Win User

BUG: Default alarm app does not ring

I have a problem with the default Alarm app on my Lumia 525.

The alarm does not ring on the next morning.

I set up the alarm to ring weekdays at 7:20 in the morning.

But after it rung in the morning the live tile of the alarm does not update the time at which it will ring on the next morning, just says 'Alarms'.

So i have to go into the app(the alarm is turned on) and turn off and back on the alarm. Than it shows '7:20' on the live tile instead of 'Alarms'.

And it rings in the morning.

Here are the steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Open default Alarm app.

2. Create new alarm or use one already created.

3. Set the time depending on the current time, if now is 12:00h, set it to 10:15h.

Just keep in mind difference between now and when the alarm should ring on the next day should be less than 2 hours.

4. Set it to ring only once.

5. Save the alarm.

After that if you pinned the app with medium size tile on the start screen you should see that the alarm is not activated.

On the tile in the left bottom corner says 'Alarms', but not the time that you set up.

This is ok.

The alarm should be activated after the difference between current time and that on the alarm is more than 2 hours.

If it is more than 2 hours, the live tile should change and display(in the bottom left corner) the time at which it will ring on the next day.

But the live tile does not update(by some reason), so the alarm wont ring on the next day.

Here are some imgs:

how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings? f6974fba-8ebf-4fc3-a7e7-f6f1531a0502.jpg

how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings? 075f4ac0-6122-44ff-b4ed-d00877ce461b.jpg

My device is Nokia Lumia 525 with GDR3 and Lumia Black updates, OS ver. 8.0.10517.150.

Does anyone know how to fix the alarm?

tchimev, Aug 22, 2019
  3. tchimev Win User

Thank you for responding.

Are you sure you set the time for the alarm correct? You should set the alarm

before current time, not after now. If I set alarm after current time there is no problem.

I got my phone with gdr3 preinstalled.

My date and time is correct you can see it on the imgs.

Yes I have set it to ring weekdays, and it rings one day, and does not on the next day.

Thank you.

tchimev, Aug 22, 2019
  4. how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings?

Hi tchimev,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Good that it works, but still the time should be shown before the Alarm ring for the first time .

So if you will set the alarm to let say 12:00, it is shown as Alarm on the tile, before and after it will ring, yes?

As in my case the time will be shown on the tile, but when the alarm will ring at 12:00, then it will change on tile from the time to Alarm.

Regards,

Karolina M, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings? - Similar Threads - limit amount alarm

2. Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????: So here's the thing.... I set up my alarm to 6:45. And somehow it rings at 12.36 and it didn't ring at all before i knew it because i woke up by my phone alarm at 06.30. I didn't turn off my laptop nor i mute my laptop volume. This happens almost every single day. It only...
  3. ringing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ringing: my laptop is making a ringing sound and i dont know what to do, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ringing/3dbb55b7-0288-460d-b7b9-83d0d77101bf
  4. ringing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ringing: my laptop is making a ringing sound and i dont know what to do, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ringing/3dbb55b7-0288-460d-b7b9-83d0d77101bf
  5. Ring Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ring Application: I have a Ring camera and have used the Ring app from the Microsoft store for a couple of years now. Recently I was notified to upgrade my Ring app to the newest version and I did. Ever since I did that I receive error code 0x80131500 and cannot log into the app in Windows...
  6. I Hear Phone Ringing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Hear Phone Ringing in Windows 10: I have seen this question asked many many times on many many different forums. But I have seen NO answers. My computer occasionally I say occasionally, but it is more like once or twice a day, which I consider far too often rings like a telephone. Nothing else is going on....
  7. Windows 10 Phone Ringing

Windows 10 Phone Ringing: I have seen this question asked many many times on many many different forums. But I have seen NO answers. My computer occasionally I say occasionally, but it is more like once or twice a day, which I consider far too often rings like a telephone. Nothing else is going on....
  8. The alarms on the Win10 Alarm Clock app no longer ring when they are supposed to

The alarms on the Win10 Alarm Clock app no longer ring when they are supposed to: I performed my standard/forced 6-week update on July 10, 2020. KB4497165: Intel microcode updates https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497165/kb4497165-intel-microcode-updates Security Update for Adobe Flash Player: June 9, 2020...
  9. My desktop alarm rings intermittently.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop alarm rings intermittently.: I have to set the volume to zero. Because it keeps on ringing. How can I uninstall the Alarm. The uninstall button in the settings is grey. I cant activate it. Thank you...
  10. blue ring

blue ring: why does a blue ring occur all the time don't use a mouse only keyboard cursor? Also why do red lines appear under each text when pressing the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-ring/fba043db-a2fd-43bc-8a70-4cea0d5590cd