Windows 10: How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account?

Discus and support How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a laptop with Office installed. The problem is that it was installed at the store where I bought it, and so the office account is linked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sirlordJaime, Nov 6, 2019.

1. How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account?

So I have a laptop with Office installed. The problem is that it was installed at the store where I bought it, and so the office account is linked to some microsoft account they created. Now that I'm using the computer, when I log in through my account into (say Word) then it tells me to activate the account (or something). How can I fix this? Is there any way I can link the office to my microsoft account? I bought the office license, its just the tech guys at the store installed it using some other account.

submitted by /u/sirlordJaime
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sirlordJaime, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account? :(

Zakin, Nov 6, 2019
  4. AFJ
    AFJ Win User

How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account?

Remove Microsoft linked account in Windows 10

This question refers to steps 3 and 4 in the thread How to rename the User folder in Windows 10?<br>
    The troublesome steps are:

3) Remove original Microsoft linked account<br>
    4) Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish

I was stuck on those 2 steps. I couldn't find a way in Windows 10 to remove the Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

Thema:

How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account?

1. How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account? - Similar Threads - link Office account

2. Change the microsoft account linked to windows and office.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the microsoft account linked to windows and office.: I bought a laptop from a vendor and it came pre installed with windows and office, I activated the office and windows using a microsoft account, now I want to change the account linked to windows and office. I want my other account to be linked to windows and office, how can...
  3. Change the microsoft account linked to windows and office.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the microsoft account linked to windows and office.: I bought a laptop from a vendor and it came pre installed with windows and office, I activated the office and windows using a microsoft account, now I want to change the account linked to windows and office. I want my other account to be linked to windows and office, how can...
  4. how to find my microsoft developer account linked to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to find my microsoft developer account linked to my microsoft account: i forgot my microsoft developer account details. Please help me how can i retrieve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-my-microsoft-developer-account-linked/9c3632b1-de4d-41ad-8b5c-07617048e8b5
  5. how to find my microsoft developer account linked to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to find my microsoft developer account linked to my microsoft account: i forgot my microsoft developer account details. Please help me how can i retrieve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-my-microsoft-developer-account-linked/9c3632b1-de4d-41ad-8b5c-07617048e8b5
  6. how to find my microsoft developer account linked to my microsoft account

7. How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account: I have a very weird scenario and the only thing I can think of is that Microsoft released an update which screwed this all up. Here's my scenario: I have two laptops that I causally use for specific tasks. One of them I just picked up, while the other I've had for a few...
  8. How can I change the Microsoft account linked to my local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I change the Microsoft account linked to my local account?: I want to use the Microsoft Family Safety application to monitor my kid's computer usage, but when setting up his computer, I used my own email account. Now I want to change it. I've been looking for ways to change it without having to create an entirely new user but I...
  9. Can i link my microsoft account with mojang account?

Can i link my microsoft account with mojang account?: Can i link my microsoft account with mojang account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-link-my-microsoft-account-with-mojang/f6bd22dd-3e25-4a55-91aa-4928d16bc474
  10. Ex girlfriend's account linked to my Microsoft account - how can I remove it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ex girlfriend's account linked to my Microsoft account - how can I remove it?: Good day all, My problem is as follows: I am using Windows 10 on my PC and went to try and add a child account to it. Upon attempting to do so I noticed that my ex-girlfriend's and her mum's account were listed under family members in Windows 10. PS: I never added them...