Windows 10: How can I 'lock' the firewall?

Discus and support How can I 'lock' the firewall? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to prevent any entity from making firewall rules but ME. Got any ideas how I can do that? Warm Regards, Mark.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Sep 19, 2018.

1. How can I 'lock' the firewall?

I want to prevent any entity from making firewall rules but ME.

Got any ideas how I can do that?

Warm Regards,

Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Sep 19, 2018

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Sep 20, 2018
  3. digibucc Win User
    Best Anti Virus and Firewall help plz

full version - where did i suggest that it was a firewall?

digibucc, Sep 20, 2018
  4. How can I 'lock' the firewall?

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

How can I 'lock' the firewall?

1. How can I 'lock' the firewall? - Similar Threads - 'lock' firewall

2. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  3. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  4. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  6. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  7. Lock a Stolen Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock a Stolen Device: My laptop was stolen and I am unable to lock the device remotely. If I try the "Find my Device" it shows the battery is 0% and I get the following message : We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days.. Then when I try the "Lock" function I get...
  8. Lock a Stolen Device

Lock a Stolen Device: My laptop was stolen and I am unable to lock the device remotely. If I try the "Find my Device" it shows the battery is 0% and I get the following message : We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days.. Then when I try the "Lock" function I get...
  9. [sos] locked out of pc due to 3rd party firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [sos] locked out of pc due to 3rd party firewall: Q: how can i sign into admin microsoft account without internet access?Methods that failed:safe modestartup repaircommand promptnetshipconfiguninstalling firewall because exe file cannot be recognized...
  10. [sos] locked out of pc due to 3rd party firewall

[sos] locked out of pc due to 3rd party firewall: Q: how can i sign into admin microsoft account without internet access?Methods that failed:safe modestartup repaircommand promptnetshipconfiguninstalling firewall because exe file cannot be recognized...