Windows 10: How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...

Discus and support How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I turn on my laptop my Microsoft email appears on screen and there is a message below saying: "Your PIN is not available. Click to configure your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by theols, Jan 8, 2023.

1. theols Win User

How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...

When I turn on my laptop my Microsoft email appears on screen and there is a message below saying: "Your PIN is not available. Click to configure your PIN again" and there is a click able message saying "Configure your PIN", but when I click on it, it says to me to go to store find an app. When I click on "Yes" to go to the store, it doesn't answer anymore, because I'm not logged. My Microsoft account is there but I can't log in. The only actions I can take is turn off or restart my computer and click on "Configure my PIN". There is no other option.

:)

theols, Jan 8, 2023

2. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 8, 2023
  3. chris-tea Win User
    PIN log-in no longer an option

Greetings, I have a new HP computer that has W10 already installed. When I first set it up I was offered an alpha or numeric password log-in screen option. I chose the numeric PIN (four digit). I had this as my log-in and without having changed any user
    settings, accounts, or other similar features, I am no longer prompted to use my PIN. I am only able to log in with my alpha password. Yet I prefer a simple four digit pin over a long written password.

I have read other posts to find a remedy for this problem. I have tried to reset my account preferences including my password.

After reading many posts I see that the normal offered solutions are to select my pin over alpha password from the log-in scene option's menu. I do not have any options from which to do this. I have also read that I am to redo my account and then select
    using a PIN - which I have tried and PIN was never offered as an option.

Now I have a new password yet no pin option.

Anyone with any info on how to re-instate using a pin as a log in other than the two above suggestions, please let me know. Or, if you are also having this issue, could you tell us about it. Maybe it is not just a handful of us that have lost our PIN log
    in option ?

thanks in advance

chris-tea, Jan 8, 2023
  4. Judesman Win User

How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...

Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

That looks like it. Originally my Local Account password and PIN were the same. I have now entered a new password and set up a PIN. When I log in, the log in box has PIN inside it. My Sign-In option now looks like this:

How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't... [​IMG]

Presumably, if I removed my PIN, using the option, I would then have to log in using my password. Is that correct please?

Thank you very much for your help. I now have a password for my MSA, a password for my Local Account and a PIN for the Local Account.

Judesman, Jan 8, 2023
Thema:

1. How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't... - Similar Threads - log change PIN

2. How can I change my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my pin: The system keeps saying it does not recognize my pin # how do I fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-pin/eed1ae0a-2cbf-4e8b-9998-50e794eef590
  3. How can I change my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change my pin: The system keeps saying it does not recognize my pin # how do I fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-pin/eed1ae0a-2cbf-4e8b-9998-50e794eef590
  4. How can I change my pin

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change the pin on my computer when I can't remember the old pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the pin on my computer when I can't remember the old pin: I find this absolutely ridiculous. All I want to do is download and save FROM my computer, to MY computer my pw. It's asking for a pin that I cannot remember, and to change a pin, you need the old one! How on earth does that make any sense? PLEASE WHAT do I do?...
  6. How to change the pin on my computer when I can't remember the old pin

How to change the pin on my computer when I can't remember the old pin: I find this absolutely ridiculous. All I want to do is download and save FROM my computer, to MY computer my pw. It's asking for a pin that I cannot remember, and to change a pin, you need the old one! How on earth does that make any sense? PLEASE WHAT do I do?...
  7. How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...: When I turn on my laptop my Microsoft email appears on screen and there is a message below saying: "Your PIN is not available. Click to configure your PIN again" and there is a click able message saying "Configure your PIN", but when I click on it, it says to me to go to...
  8. How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...

How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...: When I turn on my laptop my Microsoft email appears on screen and there is a message below saying: "Your PIN is not available. Click to configure your PIN again" and there is a click able message saying "Configure your PIN", but when I click on it, it says to me to go to...
  9. How can I change a PIN?

How can I change a PIN?: My wife and I have been trying to change the PIN on her laptop because she forgot what it is. When we go to sign-In we press "I forgot my PIN". When the box opens it states, "That Microsoft account doesn't exist." We press "Create one". The next box shows the "account is...
  10. How do I have only the pin option while logging in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I have only the pin option while logging in?: I want to have the pin windows logging with out the “other login options” I want to be able to only use my pin always. I don’t want for my Microsoft password unlock my pc submitted by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller [link] [comments]...