Windows 10: How can I log into a network with no opportunity to enter a password?

Discus and support How can I log into a network with no opportunity to enter a password? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10. However, I can't get it to connect to the eduroam academic network. (It connect to all other networks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by amca1960, Jun 25, 2019.

1. amca1960 Win User

How can I log into a network with no opportunity to enter a password?

I have a Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10. However, I can't get it to connect to the eduroam academic network. (It connect to all other networks fine). I've tried to "forget" that network, and also to reset all network settings. Apparently this means that when I select the network, it should give me the opportunity of entering a password.

But it doesn't. It just tries to connect, then tells me: "Unable to connect to this network". How can I re-enter the password? That is, how can I force Windows 10 to give me the opportunity of entering a password? This has been going on for months now, through various Windows upgrades and a few changes of drivers. I suspect some switch has been flipped in the registry somewhere, but what? How do I get a password entry back?

Note that I don't believe its a driver problem because the problem began when the driver had not been upgraded. It's something else, but I don't know what.

Anyway - thanks very much!

:)

amca1960, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Windows 10 laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, but don't give me the opportunity to enter a password.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the connected Wi-Fi device and try adding it again.

• Type View Network Connections in the search bar and click on the same.

• If your Wi-Fi device is listed, right-click on the device and click on
      Delete.

• Now, try connecting to the Wi-Fi and check if it prompts for the password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Enter Network Credentials !

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to turn off the protection and try, follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing.
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen.
    • At the bottom select All network.
    • Select password protected sharing.
    • Turn off password protected sharing.

Method 2: Run Troubleshooter

• Press Windows key and type Network and sharing center
    • Click on troubleshoot problems
    • Run all the troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 25, 2019
  4. savage Win User

no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn

Hi all. Not too good with computer issues, but I have been reluctantly chosen as the household tech wizard. lol

Husband updated his laptop to Windows 10 several months ago. So far it's been good, and he likes it...that is until this morning. He opens the laptop...no internet connection. It shows our wifi network, but won't connect. He enters his password...says he needs to enter password for that device. Enter password from before Windows 10...no good. Enter password for micorstoft...no good.

Using my laptop (Windows 7) to find fix. Suggestions I've tried: Troublshoot network connection by right clicking. Right Click won't work...nothing happens. Maybe keyboard language is wrong...no settings button available to look at keyboard properties. Try connecting directly to router...won't make connection. We've rebooted the computer a couple of times, to no avail.

Our phones are connected, my laptop is connected, our chromecast is connected, so we know it's not the router. There is something up with his laptop.

Playing ring around the rosey is not the best way to spend a Sunday morning. no internet connection = no ability to enter password = not able to troubleshoot internet connection = no internet connection = no ability to enter password.

savage, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I log into a network with no opportunity to enter a password? - Similar Threads - log network opportunity

2. credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work: credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials-can-not-be-verified-enter-password-i/8596f8c1-2859-481a-adc5-d2666ba33830
  3. credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work: credentials can not be verified, enter password. I enter password and it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials-can-not-be-verified-enter-password-i/8596f8c1-2859-481a-adc5-d2666ba33830
  4. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I log on without a password?: I got stuck in safe mode and decided to switch to diagnostic mode. Despite several restarts, I kept starting in safe mode. Once in diagnostic mode everything I attempted to do required a password which I don't recall ever using to log onto my computer. I ways used a PIN. Is...
  5. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I log on without a password?: I got stuck in safe mode and decided to switch to diagnostic mode. Despite several restarts, I kept starting in safe mode. Once in diagnostic mode everything I attempted to do required a password which I don't recall ever using to log onto my computer. I ways used a PIN. Is...
  6. How can I log on without a password?

7. How can i turn off log in password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i turn off log in password?: I am the only person how is using and can possibly use my laptop, i don't need any sort of log-in protection. But Windows forces me to have at least PIN, face recognition, fingerprint or etc. which i don't need at all. How can i turn it off?...
  8. How can i turn off log in password?

How can i turn off log in password?: I am the only person how is using and can possibly use my laptop, i don't need any sort of log-in protection. But Windows forces me to have at least PIN, face recognition, fingerprint or etc. which i don't need at all. How can i turn it off?...
  9. "You can log in to this account without entering a password"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "You can log in to this account without entering a password": On December 7, 2018, after I upgraded to version 1803 on Windows 10 Professional (OS build 17134.472), this phrase pops up on the Welcome Screen even though there is a password box: "You can log in to this account without entering a password." All you have to do is click...
  10. enter network password screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enter network password screen: I keep getting this screen popping up all the time. I do not want to log onto a network. How can I disable this screen errolbest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-network-password-screen/39909f37-7779-49d5-9723-f841c586ffff