Windows 10: How can I log out of and remove a Microsoft account on Windows 10 without the password?

Discus and support How can I log out of and remove a Microsoft account on Windows 10 without the password? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I own a Windows 10 computer at my business, and somehow in the past a former employee logged into Windows with his Microsoft account. I have two local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebraSalins1, Jan 2, 2021.

1. How can I log out of and remove a Microsoft account on Windows 10 without the password?

I own a Windows 10 computer at my business, and somehow in the past a former employee logged into Windows with his Microsoft account. I have two local logins on this computer both with admin level access, and I have the usernames and passwords for both of those. I would like to remove the former employees' Microsoft account, but since Windows thinks it is logged in, I can't "remove" it only "manage" under System, Email & Accounts. I don't have his password. I do have my own Microsoft account and have tried logging into windows with that account in the hopes of then being able to "remove" the other one, but that isn't working.

I would appreciate any suggestions other than resetting the password on the Microsoft account in use, as I don't have access to that email account or the former employee. Thank you.

:)

DebraSalins1, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Help Removing Microsoft Account login

I am not sure if you want to switch to a local account instead of your Microsoft account, or if you want to keep your Microsoft account but login automatically instead of having to type the password.

See these tutorials:

Kari, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

How can I log out of and remove a Microsoft account on Windows 10 without the password?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

How can I log out of and remove a Microsoft account on Windows 10 without the password?

1. How can I log out of and remove a Microsoft account on Windows 10 without the password? - Similar Threads - log remove Microsoft

2. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I log on without a password?: I got stuck in safe mode and decided to switch to diagnostic mode. Despite several restarts, I kept starting in safe mode. Once in diagnostic mode everything I attempted to do required a password which I don't recall ever using to log onto my computer. I ways used a PIN. Is...
  3. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I log on without a password?: I got stuck in safe mode and decided to switch to diagnostic mode. Despite several restarts, I kept starting in safe mode. Once in diagnostic mode everything I attempted to do required a password which I don't recall ever using to log onto my computer. I ways used a PIN. Is...
  4. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I remove a Microsoft Account from Window 10 if I can no longer log into that account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove a Microsoft Account from Window 10 if I can no longer log into that account: Hi there I added my previous employment's email account to my "accounts used by other apps" in Win10. As I no longer work there, that account is now locked. I can't remove it as when I click manage, it prompts me for that account's credentials. Obviously, I can't use...
  6. Log in to Windows with Microsoft account without password

Log in to Windows with Microsoft account without password: I have a local user account as well as a Microsoft account on my computer, and it seems to log into the local account first and find that the password is wrong, before asking me to log into my Microsoft account.... but, I have been to Run>netplwiz and unticked users to this...
  7. How to log into windows 10 without a password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to log into windows 10 without a password: Hi, recently my relative passed away. He had a huge collection of old laptops which he updated to windows 10. I was given 2, but he has passwords on them and I can't use the laptops because I can't get past the log in screen. Is there anything I can do? Before anyone asks, I...
  8. Removing a Microsoft account without the password

Removing a Microsoft account without the password: Hi everyone, I set up a Microsoft account when I first had my computer built - but because I don't actually use that email - I forgot the password. I've been through the form to have it reset twice, but because I've never actually emailed from it or used it apart from...
  9. how can I find out my password for microsoft account

how can I find out my password for microsoft account: how can I find out my password for microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/1dd84c9e-f637-4421-93e9-05f17738a3ab
  10. "You can log in to this account without entering a password"

"You can log in to this account without entering a password": On December 7, 2018, after I upgraded to version 1803 on Windows 10 Professional (OS build 17134.472), this phrase pops up on the Welcome Screen even though there is a password box: "You can log in to this account without entering a password." All you have to do is click...