Windows 10: how can I make a bootable dvd so I can install a new hard drive

Discus and support how can I make a bootable dvd so I can install a new hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I make a bootable dvd so I can remove my current hard drive and replace it with a new one. I have a complete image of the current drive on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OldManNeedsHelp, Apr 24, 2020.

1. how can I make a bootable dvd so I can install a new hard drive

How do I make a bootable dvd so I can remove my current hard drive and replace it with a new one. I have a complete image of the current drive on another backup drive but when I remove this current hard drive and install the new one I can not get the back up hard drive to launch with out windows drivers starting my machine.

:)

OldManNeedsHelp, Apr 24, 2020

2. Make second drive bootable

Thanks guys. The first drive is actually now in another computer. I was trying to cheat to make the drive that was the second drive bootable. I downloaded Partition Wizard Bootable CD and was able to make it the primary drive, but that still didn't work since it had installed BOOTMGR on the first drive. Secondly, I'm short one DVD drive ATM. I'll have a new DVD drive here on Friday and then I will try newtekie's suggestion, mostly out of curiosity. It has 32 bit on it now and I'm going to give 64 bit a try. Anyone have the RC1 64 bit ISO?

thebluebumblebee, Apr 24, 2020
  3. third sata drive not bootable ?

Exactly. On the where do you want to install Windows screen, it has the list of all 3 drives, but when I choose the new drive is when it says it cannot install because the drive is not a bootable drive. If I select one of the other drives with XP installed it doesn't give that message.

jeepdriver, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Chewy Win User

how can I make a bootable dvd so I can install a new hard drive

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

how can I make a bootable dvd so I can install a new hard drive

1. how can I make a bootable dvd so I can install a new hard drive - Similar Threads - bootable dvd install

2. How can I make my new 4TB hard drive replace my computers bootable primary “c” drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make my new 4TB hard drive replace my computers bootable primary “c” drive: I removed my hard drive from my computer and installed a larger one. When I turned on my computer assuming I would need to restart from my recovery flash drive the computer booted up like normal and still shows my full old hard drive even though I have it out of the computer...
  3. How can I make my new 4TB hard drive replace my computers bootable primary “c” drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make my new 4TB hard drive replace my computers bootable primary “c” drive: I removed my hard drive from my computer and installed a larger one. When I turned on my computer assuming I would need to restart from my recovery flash drive the computer booted up like normal and still shows my full old hard drive even though I have it out of the computer...
  4. How can I make my new 4TB hard drive replace my computers bootable primary “c” drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?: How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive? The old on cannot be operated.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-windows-10-for-installation-on-a-new/57bb3769-de22-4a13-888a-5ac28cd8000f
  6. How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?: How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive? The old on cannot be operated.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-windows-10-for-installation-on-a-new/57bb3769-de22-4a13-888a-5ac28cd8000f
  7. How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?: How can I clone my old laptop hard drive to a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-my-old-hard-drive-to-a-new-hard/cd9498d2-e379-40c0-aef4-42328b6c428a
  9. How can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these Windows Updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these Windows Updates?: How in the world can I free up some space on my hard drive so I can install these windows updates? * Original title: Windows Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-free-up-some-space-on-my-hard-drive-so-i/6d0e89c8-7070-4eb5-a1b0-29088f252574"
  10. How can I make a bootable bootable recovery operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make a bootable bootable recovery operating system: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please let me know how to make a buisy stick with recovery of the operating system, the steps I have to do next (installation, etc ...) until the completion of this operation. Thank you for kindness! Wait for response! A great day!...