Windows 10: How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?

Discus and support How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've opened this app enough to determine that Windows 10 must not recognize portable apps/exe's the way it recognizes installed apps....thus, portable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Mar 3, 2017.

1. How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?

I've opened this app enough to determine that Windows 10 must not recognize portable apps/exe's the way it recognizes installed apps....thus, portable apps/exe's do not show up in the "Most used" list.

Can anyone think of a trick to ensure that it's recognized?

:)

AshleyQuick, Mar 3, 2017
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

By design you will not be able to drag and drop apps in "Most Used". However you can drag and drop apps from "Most Used" to "Start screen tiles". Then those apps won’t be showing under "Most Used".

Refer the article for additional information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-see-whats-on-the-menu

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 3, 2017
  3. How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Original title: Help me with my Start Menu that I goofed up somehow?

I made a change somewhere and it made all of the program shortcuts disappear that I'd added for APPs that I use often. They'd been in the upper left of the black box that displays when I tap the Windows key or click the Windows icon. Help? Please don't just
    give me a link so I can teach myself. I'm sure it's just a simple click somewhere that can either make it so I can add them again or it might even display the ones that I'd had there.

Here's what I see now with them all gone. The list used to be above
    the word Suggested:

How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list? [​IMG]

Jeff A. Davis, Mar 3, 2017
  4. How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?

Do you have a shortcut in the start menu for it? The feature you are referring to tracks shortcuts in the start menu only. It doesn't track exes you are running from other locations.

logicearth, Mar 3, 2017
  5. Creating the shortcut worked. Thanks for the insight!

AshleyQuick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?

1. How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list? - Similar Threads - portable app show

2. How to show or hide Most Used apps in Start Menu on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Most Used apps in Start Menu on Windows 11: [ATTACH]By default, Windows 11 shows most used apps in the Start Menu. If you like to display such an app list, you can show Most Used apps in Start Menu on Windows 11 using this tutorial. It is possible to change this setting using Windows Settings, Local Group Policy...
  3. W10's "Most Used" Start menu don't show my manual portable shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10's "Most Used" Start menu don't show my manual portable shortcuts?: Is there a way to show them? It only shows my installed most used programs. :Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10s-most-used-start-menu-dont-show-my-manual/b6dbfc3f-4630-43de-b06a-d7a0cd39fd7f
  4. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  5. App list doesn't showing in the start menu

App list doesn't showing in the start menu: Even after turning on the option the app list doesn't merge with tiles . Please help me to resolve problem providing some screenshots [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  7. How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?

How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?: How do you set the Start Menu so that the apps that you use most frequently show up? and other apps that you have recently accessed show up at bottom section like it used to in previous versions of Microsoft IE? All I see is the list of my entire programs and I have to find...
  8. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  9. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  10. Can i modified the most used apps list in start menu of my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i modified the most used apps list in start menu of my Windows 10?: I accidentally remove all in the list by clicking "Don't Show in the List" all apps is now not listed to the most used app list. How can i undo it? I try to turn it off and on on the settings "Show most used app list" option but does not undo it.*cry*cry*Sad 100%x Note:...