Windows 10: How can I make a specific shortcut for a control panel path?

Discus and support How can I make a specific shortcut for a control panel path? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know you can right click desktop > new > shortcut > "ms-settings:security" But I want it to take me to the control panel, specifically to this path:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thedreamlan6, Dec 28, 2019.

1. How can I make a specific shortcut for a control panel path?

I know you can right click desktop > new > shortcut > "ms-settings:security"

But I want it to take me to the control panel, specifically to this path:

"Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance"

Is this possible? Thanks!

submitted by /u/thedreamlan6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thedreamlan6, Dec 28, 2019

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Dec 28, 2019
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Dec 28, 2019
  4. How can I make a specific shortcut for a control panel path?

windows 10 control panel

Great help.......thanks.....I wonder why Microsoft did not installed it automatically....

MannyMarinPR, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

How can I make a specific shortcut for a control panel path?

1. How can I make a specific shortcut for a control panel path? - Similar Threads - specific shortcut control

2. How can I make a specific shortcut to open text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make a specific shortcut to open text file: Hello there, I've been looking quite a little bit for a way to set a keyboard shortcut to open a specific file on my machine , couldn't find any helpful explanation on Google/YouTube ....
  3. How can I make a specific shortcut to open text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make a specific shortcut to open text file: Hello there, I've been looking quite a little bit for a way to set a keyboard shortcut to open a specific file on my machine , couldn't find any helpful explanation on Google/YouTube ....
  4. Control Panel Shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Control Panel Shortcut: Hi, How can I create a shortcut of Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connection? Thanks 182261
  5. How can I remove an invalid shortcut from Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove an invalid shortcut from Control Panel?: Hi there, could you tell me how can I remove from the Control Panel an invalid shortcut for Nvidia Control Panel? It leads to Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe - nor folder neither executive file nor longer exist there. I'd like to remove...
  6. Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path: Greetings, I'm having a relatively minor (but annoying) paths issue, after having organized my Start Menu folders. Firstly, Windows reminded me that it's now a mobile OS, only pretending to be a desktop OS (subfolders don't display). *Rolleyes - If someone has a way to...
  7. How can I make a direct shortcut to Control...

How can I make a direct shortcut to Control...: In this post one guy recommended making a shortcut with: control.exe /name Microsoft.Sound and this works fine to open control panel's Sound window BUT I want it to go deeper into Playback>Speakers>Properties>Enhancements? please take a look at the image below: [ATTACH]...
  8. Control Panel Shortcut Key

Control Panel Shortcut Key: Is there a shortcut key to Control Panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-shortcut-key/f3288db2-f2c7-4f30-aee8-f001eb6258c1
  9. Is the a way to correct the control panel shortcut file path?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the a way to correct the control panel shortcut file path?: I just upgraded to an M.2 and I was trying to save space so after I installed all the drivers and updated windows I went into the registry and pointed the instillation path to my D drive to install programs that don't give you the option to choose the install location like...
  10. how can i create shortcut for old control panel w7

in Windows 10 Support
    how can i create shortcut for old control panel w7: I need to setup old control panel (w7) on w10. how do u do a shortcut in w 10? 38346