Windows 10: How can I make a WEP/unsecured hotspot?

Discus and support How can I make a WEP/unsecured hotspot? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to make a hotspot on my windows 10 PC that uses its wifi connection and broadcasts that. There is a setting for that, it's called mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SkyrimMCGamrr, Apr 7, 2020.

1. How can I make a WEP/unsecured hotspot?

I need to make a hotspot on my windows 10 PC that uses its wifi connection and broadcasts that. There is a setting for that, it's called mobile hotspot, but it won't let me make a WEP hotspot or not set a password. I need to do this to connect my Nintendo DS to WiFi, which doesn't support modern wifi. I can't use my phone hotspot anymore because my Verizon plan doesn't have hotspot and that apparantely applies to the wifi sharing setting too, which is dumb. Well anyway, how can I set up this hotspot on windows?

Thanks

submitted by /u/SkyrimMCGamrr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SkyrimMCGamrr, Apr 7, 2020

2. No WEP Connection Lumia 520

You should not be using WEP anyway, it is extremely unsecure and an outdated protocol. It is also know that certain WEP chipsets are very picky about connecting devices and often do not do so. It's far more likely an issue with yoru repeater then with the
    phone.

In any case I woudl certainly suggest you get a mopre secure setup.

Paul van der Heu, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Any way to make an unsecured WiFi hotspot in Windows Mobile10?

Need to make an unsecured wifi hotspot in Lumia 650 sporting a Windows Mobile 10. Recommendations?

MartinMurd, Apr 7, 2020
  4. tigger Win User

How can I make a WEP/unsecured hotspot?

WEP Encryption Completely Broken

i use a mac access list on my router,no wep or nothing.if the persons mac addy aint on my routers list.......goodbye.

tigger, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

How can I make a WEP/unsecured hotspot?

1. How can I make a WEP/unsecured hotspot? - Similar Threads - WEP unsecured hotspot

2. how can I make it hotspot in windows 8.1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I make it hotspot in windows 8.1?: please give the correct answer for my question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-it-hotspot-in-windows-81/261cbe49-01d8-4a61-8d6a-4f770986f212
  3. how can I make it hotspot in windows 8.1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I make it hotspot in windows 8.1?: please give the correct answer for my question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-it-hotspot-in-windows-81/261cbe49-01d8-4a61-8d6a-4f770986f212
  4. How can I make my computer use wifi hotspot instead of bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make my computer use wifi hotspot instead of bluetooth: I have this problem with using my computer as the hotspot, ever since windows 11. I cannot establish a connection via wifi, only by bluetooth where I get only 1 mbs of internet to my phone. The computer is connected by an ethernet cable that has a stable 600mbs connection. If...
  5. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10: Hi,I'd like to create a WEP or unsecured mobile hotspot from my windows 10 laptop. I understand that this is insecure and not recommended however I want to use it to connect a device a nintendo DS to the internet that does not support proper WPA security, and having this as...
  6. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10: Hi,I'd like to create a WEP or unsecured mobile hotspot from my windows 10 laptop. I understand that this is insecure and not recommended however I want to use it to connect a device a nintendo DS to the internet that does not support proper WPA security, and having this as...
  7. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Unsecure Connection

Unsecure Connection: Hello During the last couple of days when I try to connect to sites, this error message is coming up saying 'Your connection is unsecure'. I am therefore unable to connect to anything. Hope someone can help. Thankyou...
  9. how to change wep key?

how to change wep key?: how do I change wep key, after a router reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-wep-key/c745de20-3de4-48bc-b6e8-9e820c3a73f8
  10. What is a WEP key and where can I find it?

What is a WEP key and where can I find it?: I printed something... and next to WEP Key Length is printer 'inactive'. I tried to enter that but it said it was not correct. At another point it asked for a WPS number which I couldn't find either; but, now I don't even know where that was. I am trying to connect a Canon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to share unsecured hotspot from windows10

2. how to create unsecured hotspot windows 10

3. hotspot software wep

4. how to make my phone hotspot wep,
  5. windows hotspot wep,
  6. create wep hotspot from win 10,
  7. how to start a unsecure hotspot,
  8. how to create a wep key hotspot,
  9. wep hotspot