Windows 10: How can I make an Edge PDF searchable?

Discus and support How can I make an Edge PDF searchable? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I make an Edge PDF searchable?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mfh2018, Sep 16, 2018.

1. mfh2018 Win User

How can I make an Edge PDF searchable?

:)

mfh2018, Sep 16, 2018
  2. JJG10 Win User

Scanning to a Searchable PDF file

Whoops! My bad. I looked in the HP Solution Center and found an entry to scan to a searchable PDF file. Am a happy camper now.

JJG10, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Windows: PDF generated by «Microsoft Print to PDF» is not searchable. Why not?

Not only it’s not searchable but:

• the text cannot be copy-pasted
    • the links are not clickable.

Andreas_571, Sep 16, 2018
  4. How can I make an Edge PDF searchable?

Navigating PDF viewer in Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps to print the page.

• Open the pdf file you want to print in Edge.
    • Press Ctrl + P key to open print option.
    • Select the Printer and desired page layout.
    • Click on Print and check if it works.
    To search any words in the Edge PDF viewer, press Ctrl + F and type the desired words in find box in left top corner of the browser and search.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I make an Edge PDF searchable? - Similar Threads - Edge PDF searchable

2. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Hi, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to open PDF files. Whenever Windows updates, it sets my default PDF opener to Edge. I'll dutifully go into Settings and change my PDF preferences back to Adobe, and wait for the next time it happens. Sometimes I'll go weeks without this happening,...
  3. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Hi, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to open PDF files. Whenever Windows updates, it sets my default PDF opener to Edge. I'll dutifully go into Settings and change my PDF preferences back to Adobe, and wait for the next time it happens. Sometimes I'll go weeks without this happening,...
  4. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I make Microsoft Print to PDF do A6?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make Microsoft Print to PDF do A6?: I need to print an A6 document to PDF. In the Print Server Properties there are a huge number of paper sizes defined, including A6, but when I try to print, Microsoft Print to PDF Document properties only offers a tiny handful of them, and A6 is one of the ones that is...
  6. Pdf in edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pdf in edge: Initially I saw content options in edge to go through contents of the pdf but now I can't see content options and searching is also not working I have to click ctrl key and F to search and that also not searching more than one word....
  7. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1809 Installed on: 4/17/2019 OS Build: 17763.557 After going to settings and setting the default PDF viewer to Adobe Reader, then the next day, Edge is back as the default with no user intervention. This has happened twice so far in two...
  8. How can I make Edge remember website cookies?

How can I make Edge remember website cookies?: Every time I revisit websites on Edge, it forgets all stored cookie information meaning I have to re-enter passwords and so forth. From what I read, the default Edge option is to store and remember cookies, but this is not happening. Is this an Edge bug or is there a way to...
  9. How can I disable Edge from opening .pdf files?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I disable Edge from opening .pdf files?: As the title says, how can I disable edge from opening .pdf files and use Adobe reader instead? I have set Adobe as the default program to open .pdf files, but edge is still trying to open them, sometimes without success. Thanks Sven 43846
  10. Scanning to a Searchable PDF file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning to a Searchable PDF file: For years I have used my HP Photosmart 2570 All in One Printer to scan printed documents to a searchable PDF file often--at least once a week. That device is now showing signs of its age and begs to be replaced. I have been looking at all sorts of printers/scanners and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make a pdf searchable microsoft edge

2. how to get edge canary to print a searchable pdf

3. create searchable pdf with microsoft edge

4. microsoft win 10 mail print pdf searchable,
  5. make pdf searchable internet edge,
  6. create a searchable pdf using edge