Windows 10: How can I make boot manager on thumb drive boot from HD?

Discus and support How can I make boot manager on thumb drive boot from HD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a thumb drive on which I have a whole bunch of Windows 10 installation images. I can boot a standard, unmodified Windows 10 DVD, a basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hsehestedt, Nov 22, 2018.

1. How can I make boot manager on thumb drive boot from HD?

I have a thumb drive on which I have a whole bunch of Windows 10 installation images. I can boot a standard, unmodified Windows 10 DVD, a basic unattended setup, a fully sysprepped unattended installation, etc.

All of these options are presented to me from the Windows Boot Manager menu.

The one thing I have not been able to figure out is if there is a way to have the boot manager boot from the internal hard disk after the timeout period has elapsed.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, what do I need to add to my BCD store on the thumb drive?

:)

hsehestedt, Nov 22, 2018

2. Boot Emergency!

No it doesnt show. Only my OS drive.

Its there and it says it running and normal.

Anyway I just had the same boot problem on reboot. Everything was fine 10 minutes ago. Now it wont boot without my manually selecting the drive.

TheMailMan78, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 22, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

How can I make boot manager on thumb drive boot from HD?

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

How can I make boot manager on thumb drive boot from HD?

1. How can I make boot manager on thumb drive boot from HD? - Similar Threads - boot manager thumb

2. Can I make a boot drive without a Gpu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I make a boot drive without a Gpu?: Hi, My Gpu died. I have bought a whole new pc, as the original is ancient, and didn't buy a new copy of Windows because I thought I could use my old hdd to boot off but I'm not sure how to make a boot drive or if it's even possible without a Gpu. Do I need to just buy...
  3. can i make windows boot from a different drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can i make windows boot from a different drive?: hey reddit, i purchased a Kingston SSD and i want to make it the boot drive for my computer, and have the drive already in it used for storage. the SSD is to small for me to transfer everything over, and i cannot wipe the drive. Do i have to install a fresh copy of windows...
  4. Boot manager booting to the wrong drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager booting to the wrong drive: Hello, Awhile back, with the help of this community, I was able to reimage my computer from an older SSD to a new M.2. The older SSDs were fine, I just wanted to update to a M.2. I would now like to format the old drives and use them as storage. I've read that I can do this...
  5. How to make drive boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make drive boot: I recently posted a thread where I had "bricked" my PC by messing about with Acronis Disk Director 12.5. I thought I'd lost the BIOS, somehow. I hadn't. The problem now is to get the HDD to boot Win10 with that same PC. When installed, the PC shows no HDD present but, if I...
  6. How to make drive boot

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make drive boot: I recently posted a thread where I had "bricked" my PC by messing about with Acronis Disk Director 12.5. I thought I'd lost the BIOS, somehow. I hadn't. The problem now is to get the HDD to boot Win10 with that same PC. When installed, the PC shows no HDD present but, if I...
  7. How do I make a computer boot from a USB thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make a computer boot from a USB thumb drive?: I go into the BIOS and it shows: UEFI boot sources Hard drive Windows boot manager USB hard drive USB floppy/CD Legacy boot sources USB floppy/CD hard drive USB hard drive ADATA SU650 Network controller AMT Windows 10 is on the...
  8. How can I make my ssd the main boot drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make my ssd the main boot drive?: Hello, so I recently Installed windows to my new Kingston ssd and I have noticed that it does not display in my bios as the main boot drive for UEFI. So whenever I have to turn off my computer or restart it I have to press f9 boot drive selector and manually select my ssd to...
  9. Booting secure boot PC from thumb drive vs CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting secure boot PC from thumb drive vs CD: Secure boot is enabled on my laptop. My Aomie boot CD will boot without turning secure boot off. However, if I burn the Aomie ISO to a USB thumb drive using Rufus, it will only work with SB turned off. Just wondering why the difference. Thanks for your help. 141875
  10. Booting Windows from Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting Windows from Thumb Drive: I'm still running Vista. I recently purchased a thumb drive with Windows 10 from Microsoft (only because they don't sell them on disc anymore, which is easy and I've done a clean install of Vista half a dozen times from CD-Rom). Anyway, I plug in the thumb drive, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot manager on a thumb drive