Windows 10: How can I make Chrome bookmarks on my phone match the computer?

Discus and support How can I make Chrome bookmarks on my phone match the computer? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a Chrome browser on my computer with a good set of bookmarks. Sync is on. My phone also contains chrome bookmarks but there are several complete... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stanhilliard, Aug 9, 2021.

1. How can I make Chrome bookmarks on my phone match the computer?

I have a Chrome browser on my computer with a good set of bookmarks. Sync is on. My phone also contains chrome bookmarks but there are several complete sets of them - some are snapshots from previous dates. How can I remove the phone's unwanted extra bookmarks but not cause the computer's current version to change. That is, I want the phone to exactly match the computer.

:)

stanhilliard, Aug 9, 2021

2. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Where did my Chrome bookmarks go?

Hello KatrinaPappas, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below.

-Search for "Bookmarks.bak" in Windows Explorer

-Right-click the file and choose "Open file location" to open the folder, which should be your Chrome user data folder (i.e., Users/[Username]/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data/Default)

-Open the bookmarks backup file in Notepad. Your old bookmarks, hopefully, are listed there

-In Chrome, go to Settings > Advanced sync settings (under the Sign in section) and change the sync settings so that Bookmarks aren't synced, if they currently are set to sync

-Close Chrome

-Back in the Chrome user data folder, find another "Bookmarks" file without an extension. Rename it "Bookmarks2.bak"

-Then rename the "Bookmarks.bak" file to "Bookmarks"

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Aug 9, 2021
  4. creeve4 Win User

How can I make Chrome bookmarks on my phone match the computer?

Chrome Bookmark Folders are screwed up

I am experiencing the same thing. It only happens for bookmark folders that contain 1 or 2 bookmarks.

I started a thread in the Chrome support forum.

Windows 7 64-bit
    Chrome Version 32.0.1700.102 m

creeve4, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

How can I make Chrome bookmarks on my phone match the computer?

1. How can I make Chrome bookmarks on my phone match the computer? - Similar Threads - Chrome bookmarks phone

2. how can I download the Match app to my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I download the Match app to my computer?: I want to download the Match app dating site to my computer....can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-the-match-app-to-my-computer/c8da2beb-4f3e-4c8e-a7c6-7e62123b1a70
  3. how can I download the Match app to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I download the Match app to my computer?: I want to download the Match app dating site to my computer....can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-the-match-app-to-my-computer/c8da2beb-4f3e-4c8e-a7c6-7e62123b1a70
  4. how can I download the Match app to my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I deleted a folder from Chrome bookmarks. How can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted a folder from Chrome bookmarks. How can I restore it?: It happened just now... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-folder-from-chrome-bookmarks-how-can-i/6caddc08-b9ee-44fd-923e-629e81bfe381
  6. I deleted a folder from Chrome bookmarks. How can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted a folder from Chrome bookmarks. How can I restore it?: It happened just now... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-folder-from-chrome-bookmarks-how-can-i/6caddc08-b9ee-44fd-923e-629e81bfe381
  7. Bookmarks Bar In Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Bookmarks Bar In Chrome: Hello! Is there a way to add an additional 'Bookmarks Bar' under the normal one in Chrome? Just so you all know, I'm not trying to be a mooch. If I see a thread asking about something I can help with, I'm there. 162310
  8. How can I make my bookmarks appear on a blank tab in Edge Dev?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I make my bookmarks appear on a blank tab in Edge Dev?: Hello! I would like to have my bookmarks displaying on every blank tab that I open in Edge Dev. Currently it is my frequently visited sites. Is this possible? Thank you! [img] 141986
  9. How to alphabetize flies in Chrome bookmarks.

in Browsers and Email
    How to alphabetize flies in Chrome bookmarks.: Is there a way to alphabetize files inside Chrome Bookmarks (imported from FF). In FF there was a "Views" option and then you could alphabetize the files. I don't see anything like that in Chrome. 83370
  10. Making a copy of my Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Support
    Making a copy of my Bookmarks: I guess that'll be called "exporting" the Bookmarks file ? Under Windows 10. Anyway, I need to have a copy of my favorite websites, o bookmarks, on a pendrive, to use on other computers. Thanks for any help. 14598