Windows 10: How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text?

Discus and support How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text? in Cortana to solve the problem; The official Microsoft pages I've found say Cortana will only respond by talking if spoken to via microphone. I'd like to make it so she talks no... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MISSIONCONTROL1, Mar 16, 2019.

1. How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text?

The official Microsoft pages I've found say Cortana will only respond by talking if spoken to via microphone. I'd like to make it so she talks no matter how a question is asked. It seems this should be an option, if only for accessibility. Is there a registry key I could change, or some other way to make her always respond by talking aloud?

:)

MISSIONCONTROL1, Mar 16, 2019

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Cortana stopped talking recently

Your persistence is appreciated.

I turned off Cortana (as described in your link), restarted the computer and turned Cortana back on.

I asked Cortana: "Will I need a coat today?". The text that would otherwise been her expected response to that question came up but then Bing shut that down and came up with its own answer. It is like Bing is taking over. So sorry, no. I did not get Cortana
    to talk to me yet. Do you have any other suggestions?

MartinMaroske, Mar 16, 2019
  4. How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text?

Cortana stopped talking recently

Hi Martin,

I realize that Cortana is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC after which you are facing this issue?

• Are you talking to Cortana with your own voice?

• Is the mic on the PC working fine?

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Reasons Cortana doesn't talk to me: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...73d1e63b0e/reasons-cortana-doesn-t-talk-to-me

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text?

1. How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text? - Similar Threads - Cortana talk asked

2. How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?: We are having the year 2022. Almost all enterprises support diversity and hiring people with no local language skills.But asking people, What is your language. Is still not a priority for Microsoft.Users are fighting for at least 25 years to make Microsoft more multi-lingual...
  3. How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?: We are having the year 2022. Almost all enterprises support diversity and hiring people with no local language skills.But asking people, What is your language. Is still not a priority for Microsoft.Users are fighting for at least 25 years to make Microsoft more multi-lingual...
  4. How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. talk to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    talk to text: can you talk to text on w/11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/talk-to-text/8cb6aa9e-3bc5-4be0-abb7-ed1172baba3b
  6. Cortana disappears before I can ask a question

in Cortana
    Cortana disappears before I can ask a question: Cortana pops up but disappears before I can ask a question. Can I lock it onto my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-disappears-before-i-can-ask-a-question/ebdf5a39-b67a-4899-95bd-adc5c97e0295"
  7. How to make it easier to ask your question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to make it easier to ask your question: Have you ever wondered what this icon, in the 'compose your question' window, is all about? [ATTACH] You're about to find out ... It's a helpful way for people to ask questions in the Microsoft Community forums. I'll bet you didn't know that you could insert a table in the...
  8. Talk to Cortana

in Cortana
    Talk to Cortana: Do I need an external microphone to talk to Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/talk-to-cortana/a8624b3f-ce90-4368-ae20-f861d3beafbb"
  9. From keyboard via Text-to-speech To Microphone Talk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    From keyboard via Text-to-speech To Microphone Talk?: Hi All, Its me first post on your forum so I hope it is located in the right section. Due to my relative, living in same apartment going to sleep much earlier than me and not wanting to wake my relative up, I have to find a solution. I talk on microphone a lot but if I...
  10. Can anyone get Cortana to talk ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone get Cortana to talk ?: i installed Windows 10 Pro on 4 PCS running windows 8.1 pro. All of them have sound working, but Cortana does not say a darn thing. I have no microphone hooked up but I thought she still answers when you type something? Yes or NO. In the Preview 10 I got her to answer on one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get cortana to talk