Windows 10: How can I make Ctrl+Shift+0 usable without removing the hotkey to switch between layouts?

Discus and support How can I make Ctrl+Shift+0 usable without removing the hotkey to switch between layouts? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed an IME, and one of its characters is typed using Ctrl+Shift+0. However, since the hotkey to change between layouts is Ctrl+Shift, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by E Kons, Oct 6, 2020.

1. E Kons Win User

How can I make Ctrl+Shift+0 usable without removing the hotkey to switch between layouts?

I have installed an IME, and one of its characters is typed using Ctrl+Shift+0. However, since the hotkey to change between layouts is Ctrl+Shift, I can't use Ctrl+Shift+0, and I don't know why to be fair... Is there an explanation for this? Also, is there a way to fix this without changing or removing the hotkey? Thanks in advance.

:)

E Kons, Oct 6, 2020
  2. lizbeth Win User

software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys

Hi Everyone,

I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903. It's on a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop and I mostly do illustrations and when I use hotkeys like shift + ctrl + s or shift + ctrl + e, my software doesn't respond to them so instead I get stuff like this appearing at the top right of my screen:

How can I make Ctrl+Shift+0 usable without removing the hotkey to switch between layouts? [​IMG]

How can I make Ctrl+Shift+0 usable without removing the hotkey to switch between layouts? [​IMG]

This happens in multiple programs and is pretty frustrating. I've been looking up how to disable these hotkeys that seem to be for Windows but can only find settings for the windows button hotkeys, not shift + ctrl hotkeys.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind, I discovered it's from Radeon software and it takes my hotkey commands over my other software and I cleared all the hotkeys in the Radeon software.

lizbeth, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Ctrl+shift+0 in windows 10

I play a video game in which Ctrl+Shift+0 is mapped to a specific action.

In prior versions of Windows, I was able to receive Ctrl+Shift+0 keypresses in-game by getting rid of the Windows keyboard shortcut for switching input languages.

In Windows 10, that is no longer sufficient. My game can't receive Ctrl+Shift+0 keypresses at all, even with the keyboard shortcut for input-language switching set to None.

Is there a way to get Ctrl+Shift+0 to work again in Windows 10?

Roger M.Wilcox, Oct 7, 2020
  4. G2C
    g2c Win User

How can I make Ctrl+Shift+0 usable without removing the hotkey to switch between layouts?

keyboard hotkeys with ctrl partially working

Thanks Ken,
    Nirsoft does not find any used crtl+<number>
    I thought it might be chrome who's using this combination for tab switching but even after uninstalling it (with revo) the issue persisted. Even with just English with ctrl+0 and Hebrew is ctrl+1, only ctrl+0 works: I can go Hebrew with shift+left alt and back to English with ctrl+0. Also, the hotkey ctrl+1 becomes unassigned after reboot
    screenshot below

Thema:

1. How can I make Ctrl+Shift+0 usable without removing the hotkey to switch between layouts? - Similar Threads - Ctrl+Shift+0 usable without

2. ctrl+shift+0 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl+shift+0 not working: backstory: hi, so i've been trying to set up a button on a drawing tablet wacom intuos s ctl-4100 to switch between brush and eraser tools in an art program paint.net. to do so, i've found a program eraser brush eyedropper hotkey by ugochi creative that uses ctrl+shift+0 as a...
  3. ctrl+shift+0 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl+shift+0 not working: backstory: hi, so i've been trying to set up a button on a drawing tablet wacom intuos s ctl-4100 to switch between brush and eraser tools in an art program paint.net. to do so, i've found a program eraser brush eyedropper hotkey by ugochi creative that uses ctrl+shift+0 as a...
  4. ctrl+shift+0 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I switch between hotkeys and function keys?

How do I switch between hotkeys and function keys?: I have a HP laptop 15 windows 10. But the f keys have a secondary action. Like pressing f2 decreases brightness. This means that in apps like explorer, I have to press fn+f2 to rename a file. How do I switch this in a way that pressing fn+f2 increases brightness and in apps...
  6. Shift and CTRL key switched places

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift and CTRL key switched places: Hello, i'm writing this because i have a problem with both my Shift key and my CTRL key. For some reasons, they switched places, to select certain files, i have to hold CTRL and click the files i want, while with my Shift key, when i already selected a file, and click on...
  7. How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?: All of the old tutorials dont work anymore, I believe they changed the setting in the settings in their ongoing quest to make windows as complicated as possible. submitted by /u/FuFuTurtle [link] [comments]...
  8. software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys

in Windows 10 Support
    software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys: Hi Everyone, I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903. It's on a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop and I mostly do illustrations and when I use hotkeys like shift + ctrl + s or shift + ctrl + e, my software doesn't respond to them so instead I get stuff like this appearing at the top...
  9. Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift

Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift: Like ive been 2 hours searching for the answer, cause this shortcut is very big problem to me, whenever I play games, I need to lets say crouch and run at the same time and that changes my language and i cant switch items (1,2,3,4,5...), I cant delete my second language, i...
  10. Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>: Hi There! Greetings!! Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or...