Windows 10: how can I make english my primary language in Word pad?

Discus and support how can I make english my primary language in Word pad? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded a document and opened it up in word pad but it has a language other than English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tonywiggins1, Oct 14, 2018.

1. how can I make english my primary language in Word pad?

I downloaded a document and opened it up in word pad but it has a language other than English

:)

tonywiggins1, Oct 14, 2018
  2. SarahEL Win User

Primary language not on language bar Windows 10

OS is Windows 10. Primary language is English (US) with International keyboard layout. Secondary languages are Hebrew and Greek. Keyboard shortcut for moving from one to another is Alt-Shift.

Problem: The primary language does not appear on the language bar, so I cannot move to English by using Alt-Shift, or even by clicking on the language bar.

In the language setup, English is clearly present as the primary language at the top of the list and with the input method designated.

The only way I was able to type in this question was by installing a different English (English-UK), which was added to the bar and could then be selected.

SarahEL, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Cepreu5 Win User
    Using word flow keyboard with not supported foreign language

Using word flow keyboard for fast typing with many foreign languages is impossible. But there is a workaround to use word flow features to create keyboard macros (custom dictionary) for not supported
    language. Here is the steps how to do this:

A.

1. Switch to your language
    (Bulgarian in my case) and type the desired word, for example
    клавиатура (“keyboard” in Bulgarian).

2. Tap the word to select it.

3. Switch to English and you will see typed word just above the keyboard preceeded by a plus (+клавиатура) and tap on it in order to add it to custom dictionary.

4. When writing text in your language, enter the first letter and switch to English. Just above the keyboard you will see a list of words starting with this letter. If you want to shorten the list, enter
    two or more letters before switching to English.

5. Select the word from list by tapping it.

B.

1. Open Contacts and create a new entry – for example, enter in the name field the word “keyboard” in Bulgarian клавиатура (or
    any word in language you prefer). In the same field you can enter more words starting with the same letter, for example клавиш (key), капачка (cap) etc.
    Add a space and period (.) after the last word, otherwise it will not be used in dictionary.

2. When writing text in your language (Bulgarian in my case), enter the first letter
    and switch to English. Just above the keyboard you will see a list of words you’ve entered in step 1. (and any names starting with this letter from your contacts, if you have any). If you want to shorten the list, enter two or more letters before
    switching to English.

3. Select the word from list by tapping it.

This way you can speed up typing of common used (long) words in your language.

Cepreu5, Oct 14, 2018
  4. davidm71 Win User

how can I make english my primary language in Word pad?

Microsoft no english language windows for you!

After visiting the official Microsoft software download service and entering my Win 7 ultimate 64 product key I noticed out of the two dozen languages listed English version was missing! anyone else notice this?

Thanks

davidm71, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

how can I make english my primary language in Word pad?

1. how can I make english my primary language in Word pad? - Similar Threads - english primary language

2. Primary English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary English: I have purchased a Lenovo with Windows 11 installed in Mexico. Despite all the online fixes and swaps [including utilizing Registry Editor to change the language codes I still cannot set the primary language to English. Please advise....
  3. Primary English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary English: I have purchased a Lenovo with Windows 11 installed in Mexico. Despite all the online fixes and swaps [including utilizing Registry Editor to change the language codes I still cannot set the primary language to English. Please advise....
  4. How can I make the default keyboard language English US when I turn on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make the default keyboard language English US when I turn on my laptop?: I installed Arabic keyboard language and it became the default when I turn on the laptop. I couldn't find a setting to choose the default keyboard when the laptop turns on. Thanks....
  5. How can I make the default keyboard language English US when I turn on my laptop?

How can I make the default keyboard language English US when I turn on my laptop?: I installed Arabic keyboard language and it became the default when I turn on the laptop. I couldn't find a setting to choose the default keyboard when the laptop turns on. Thanks....
  6. How can I chnage the windows llicense language to english ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I chnage the windows llicense language to english ?: I just bought a new Laptop Lenovo yesterday and I can not change the windows systems to english ? How to do this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-chnage-the-windows-llicense-language-to/c29c76fe-2cd3-4850-9d43-bed627518f06
  7. How can I chnage the windows llicense language to english ?

How can I chnage the windows llicense language to english ?: I just bought a new Laptop Lenovo yesterday and I can not change the windows systems to english ? How to do this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-chnage-the-windows-llicense-language-to/c29c76fe-2cd3-4850-9d43-bed627518f06
  8. How can I chnage the windows llicense language to english ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikkws9/how_can_i_change_it_to_english_ive_changed/
  10. word pad saves in encrypted text..how do i convert to regular english??

in Windows 10 Customization
    word pad saves in encrypted text..how do i convert to regular english??: I call your attention to WordPad for 10...My documents all save in encryption jibberish. How do I change that jibberish to regular English text so I can print/read them???...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to chnage document languvage in word pad

2. how to change word pad to english language

3. how change LAUNGUAGE IN WORD PAD

4. how to change language on word pad