Windows 10: How can I make Google Chrome's fonts darker/bolder?

Discus and support How can I make Google Chrome's fonts darker/bolder? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I like to use both Chrome and Firefox, and I switch them out frequently, but when I switch to Chrome from Firefox I can't help but have eye strain. The... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bobby Phoenix, Feb 23, 2019.

1. How can I make Google Chrome's fonts darker/bolder?

I like to use both Chrome and Firefox, and I switch them out frequently, but when I switch to Chrome from Firefox I can't help but have eye strain. The fonts on Chrome compared to Firefox are night and day (at least to me). Is there a script, CSS, Styish, extension, or something I can use to simply darken/bold the fonts? I've tried this extension (among others I found) Font Rendering Enhancer - Chrome Web Store, but they have their issues. Like if you use emojis it make them black, and you can't see them. It could be because the extension was made years ago, and that's why I'm asking for help. I even tried the Flags setting for antialiasing mode, but it doesn't really help. See the screenshot below. How can I make Chrome's fonts dark/bold like Firefox?

How can I make Google Chrome's fonts darker/bolder? [​IMG]

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Feb 23, 2019
  2. AídaRF Win User

Bigger, Darker Fonts

BIGGER, DARKER FONTS

Hola, hello, hi everyone... My first time here so a bit rough around the edges.

I need bigger, darker fonts. I don't use magnifier because it is too distracting and cumbersome to use.

I am willing to use custom scaling but the introductory paragraph on the custom scaling screen informs us it is not recommended, warning us about all sorts of (seemingly) insurmountable nightmarish problems we are likely to encounter.Right
    now have set custom scaling at 100. Barely legible. Perhaps if it were darker it would work for me.

I have not attempted a larger custom scaling setting (e.g., 125 or 150) for fear of precipitating doomsday as I interpret the warning mentioned above.

My specific questions/remarks are:

• Is there a way to get bigger, darker font without altering anything else like we were able to do on Windows 8?
    • Does custom scaling alter the way things are displayed when using browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox?
    • Any ideas, comments, suggestions, alternatives, or any whatevers will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Aída

AídaRF, Feb 23, 2019
  3. how do I make the letters on the screen appear darker and bolder?

how do I make the letters on the screen appear darker and bolder?

MaureenPet, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

How can I make Google Chrome's fonts darker/bolder?

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

How can I make Google Chrome's fonts darker/bolder?

1. How can I make Google Chrome's fonts darker/bolder? - Similar Threads - Google Chrome's fonts

2. Win 11 - Is it possible to make the system font bolder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Is it possible to make the system font bolder?: Before using Windows 11, I saw a review that said the system font is bolder and more readable than 10, but now that I have it installed, I'm finding the opposite to be true. I know I can increase the size of font, but I would like to increase the thickness. It's very spindly...
  3. Win 11 - Is it possible to make the system font bolder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 - Is it possible to make the system font bolder?: Before using Windows 11, I saw a review that said the system font is bolder and more readable than 10, but now that I have it installed, I'm finding the opposite to be true. I know I can increase the size of font, but I would like to increase the thickness. It's very spindly...
  4. How can I make the text on screen darker, please!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make the text on screen darker, please!!: How can I make the text on screen darker, It is very light grey and difficult to read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-the-text-on-screen-darker-please/5d288934-5fb5-47e5-a8d8-9887772dd639
  5. How can I make the text on screen darker, please!!

How can I make the text on screen darker, please!!: How can I make the text on screen darker, It is very light grey and difficult to read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-the-text-on-screen-darker-please/5d288934-5fb5-47e5-a8d8-9887772dd639
  6. How can I make the text on screen darker, please!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is there a way to make the font darker on windows 11...it is just to light and makes it...

Is there a way to make the font darker on windows 11...it is just to light and makes it...: my font is too light how cqn i darken it so it is readable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-the-font-darker-on-windows/76dd619e-8556-4958-a07b-506c51260306
  8. How can I make the screen text darker?

How can I make the screen text darker?: Since I changed to Windows 10 it's all light gray, light blue or yellow. Can't see it very well against a white background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-the-screen-text-darker/7cc7ca68-1e7c-4f41-ae1d-29b542b8b0e0
  9. change fonts to a darker fonts

change fonts to a darker fonts: need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-fonts-to-a-darker-fonts/0cc4471a-1876-4b56-b7c3-520a03b261bc
  10. make fonts bold or darker

make fonts bold or darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all fonts bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on 1 HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC all my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make font darker chrome

2. darker text on chrome

3. darker fonts chrome

4. how to make the font darker on chrome,
  5. font bolder chrome extension,
  6. how to make font darker in chrome,
  7. how to darken text in google chrome,
  8. how to make font darker in google chrome,
  9. make onscreen font darker,
  10. make fonts darker on chrome,
  11. make font darker in chrome,