Windows 10: How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

Discus and support How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This was a very important option I used with my HP laptop that I thought was upgraded to Windows 10 Photo manager app but seems to be gone from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IsabellaFord, Jul 28, 2018.

1. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

This was a very important option I used with my HP laptop that I thought was upgraded to Windows 10 Photo manager app but seems to be gone from the Photos app in the Surface which I got from Costco. Please help.

I want to import pictures from a digital camera and have the files named YYYYMMDDHHMMSS or even just YYYY-MM-DD and then sequential numbers after that.

The files are imported with the file name on the camera which are useless for helping me easily organize or find files in chronological order.

When I look at the system info, it says I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I don't know how to check which Surface model this is but I got it from Costco over the holidays.

Please help.

Moved from: Surface Pro / Using Windows 10 on Surface

:)

IsabellaFord, Jul 28, 2018
  2. garym123 Win User

Remove date stamp on pictures taken with Nokia Lumia 625 camera

The date stamp the phone creates for photos is not displayed on the picture. It is in the metadata.

The files name also has the date information.

Some other app you have is doing this if you see the date.

garym123, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Download time & date stamped photo's

Hi there, I have been "googling" like mad to find out the above mentioned.

The reason I need photo's showing date & time stamp to send via email is for legal reasons.

My camera shows the pictures with the details stamped on.

Would be very grateful for any assistance.

Moved from: [ Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage / PC ]

MarciaCrossland, Jul 28, 2018
  4. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

How do I time stamp my photos with the date/time?

In which case, the third app I suggested, Stamp the Photo, should work- it literally *visibly* stamps the date and time the photo was taken (from the details) onto the photo itself.

Good luck!

ToddAllcock, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

1. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with... - Similar Threads - date stamp used

2. How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...: As the title says: I can't figure out how to get any window I open to list all items by date/name/etc. Right now it lists files first and then folders, which results in a lot of needless scrolling to get to a folder if I'm listing things by date, name or anything lese. I need...
  3. How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...: As the title says: I can't figure out how to get any window I open to list all items by date/name/etc. Right now it lists files first and then folders, which results in a lot of needless scrolling to get to a folder if I'm listing things by date, name or anything lese. I need...
  4. How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: Hi gurus,1 I'm using the Photos app my laptop is Windows 10 Home OS to import photos from my iPhone.2 I just cannot find any option in the Import icon or Settings Icon about naming the pictures after import.3 How can I make it so date time stamp is being appended or added to...
  6. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: Hi gurus,1 I'm using the Photos app my laptop is Windows 10 Home OS to import photos from my iPhone.2 I just cannot find any option in the Import icon or Settings Icon about naming the pictures after import.3 How can I make it so date time stamp is being appended or added to...
  7. time stamp in jpg picture files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    time stamp in jpg picture files: "Windows Photo Gallery" allowed the time in "date taken" to be modified. Unfortunately, Windows Photo Gallery hasn't been available since 2017. "Windows Photos" is the replacement for Windows Photo Gallery, but Windows Photos doesn't have the capability to change the time...
  8. Date/Time Stamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....
  9. Add Date Time stamp to Photos when importing them in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add Date Time stamp to Photos when importing them in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When importing photos from the camera using Windows Photos Gallery, it used to add date time stamp along with the picture name on the camera storage device. The format used to be YYYYMMDDHHMMSS or just YYYY-MM-DD and then sequential numbers after that. However, [...]...
  10. How can I make the date and time display the day name?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make the date and time display the day name?: How can I make the date and time display the day name? [img] 64694