Windows 10: How can I make it, so I can alt-tab to main desktop?

Discus and support How can I make it, so I can alt-tab to main desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was a Windows 8.1 user and I just can't get it through me that there is no button to go to desktop. When I alt-tab it only shows applications i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cerravox, Jul 31, 2015.

1. cerravox Win User

How can I make it, so I can alt-tab to main desktop?

I was a Windows 8.1 user and I just can't get it through me that there is no button to go to desktop. When I alt-tab it only shows applications i have running I tried to enable all-desktops in the mutli-tasking option in settings. What else is there that can help me? Thank you for helping me!!!

:)

cerravox, Jul 31, 2015

2. Can I make it so I can click an option to login and manually enter a username and password in Windows 10? Read the description.

Thank you for clarifying the task you’re trying to perform. As of the moment, such feature is not yet available. The user/s which appears on the bottom-left side depends on the last account used on the device. If you wish to see the feature on hiding
    certain accounts in the future, we encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your
    issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of
    your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support
    article
    and YouTube
    video

Arthur Rui, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Can I make it so I can click an option to login and manually enter a username and password in Windows 10? Read the description.

Hi,

As of the moment, your query on the account and login setup needs further information. To provide you with appropriate answers to the query, please provide the following:

• Are you trying to set multiple accounts with some accounts hidden and some are not?
    • Are you looking to retain the users appearing on the bottom-left side of the screen?
    • Are you setting up local or Microsoft account?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Jul 31, 2015
  4. cerravox Win User

Is there another way? My friend has Windows 10 Pro and he was able to alt-tab to desktop. Well he had a option too. I compared it with my friends as well they have the same problem as I do. Is Microsoft differentiating things like this on purpose? Or will it be added eventually during a Windows 10 update?

cerravox, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Win-key + D & the "peek to desktop" (far right of taskbar, line right of clock) features are all I know of.

Edited: If you're looking to switch between desktops in task view, this is done by Win-key + control + left or right arrow.

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Or right click on taskbar and select show desktop:

How can I make it, so I can alt-tab to main desktop? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 31, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    Alt-tab no longer shows the desktop, although it did in Windows versions 8.1 and older.

8. How can I make it, so I can alt-tab to main desktop?

I don't think you can Alt + Tab to the desktop in 10 but you can use:

Win + M
    Or
    Win + D
    If you press Win + D again it re-opens, your programs, it's good if you quickly need to see the desktop)

JDobbsy1987, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I make it, so I can alt-tab to main desktop? - Similar Threads - alt tab main

2. How can I change the main display in a Remote Desktop Connection?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the main display in a Remote Desktop Connection?: I have 3 monitors on my main setup and often connect to a laptop from my work both Windows 10 Pro.On the Windows RDC Remote Desktop Connection launcher I have the option "use all my monitors" option checked.What I would like to do is to change the main display in the RDC...
  3. How can I restore the wifi tab so I can reconnect to the home wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore the wifi tab so I can reconnect to the home wifi?: My laptop says that there's no wifi connection. When I go to connect I notice that the wifi settings tab is missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-the-wifi-tab-so-i-can-reconnect/d3d821c1-44be-4854-adaa-51480955c9af
  4. How can I restore the wifi tab so I can reconnect to the home wifi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore the wifi tab so I can reconnect to the home wifi?: My laptop says that there's no wifi connection. When I go to connect I notice that the wifi settings tab is missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-the-wifi-tab-so-i-can-reconnect/d3d821c1-44be-4854-adaa-51480955c9af
  5. How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I keep an Alt-Tabbed program in focus?: Hello! I have a little question regarding tab focus. I play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, and sometimes, I want to Alt-Tab to check stuff on Discord or a browser, but doing so makes the game lose focus and when I Alt-Tab back to the game, it disconnects me from it and I have...
  6. How can I insert a clock in the main desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I insert a clock in the main desktop?: Since gadgets are not a thing anymore or at least I think, now how can I put a clock on the desktop? (I don't mean the clock on the right corner I mean literally a clock like the one on the lock screen) submitted by /u/NotWea [link] [comments]...
  7. How can I make my ssd the main boot drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make my ssd the main boot drive?: Hello, so I recently Installed windows to my new Kingston ssd and I have noticed that it does not display in my bios as the main boot drive for UEFI. So whenever I have to turn off my computer or restart it I have to press f9 boot drive selector and manually select my ssd to...
  8. Make it so that I can select downloads

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Make it so that I can select downloads: In Win 7 there was a way to assess which patches to download and install. I'm really struggling to set this up for Win 10. There's a thread at How do I stop automatic upgrades on Windows 10 that details what to do, but the information is incomplete. There is advice to use...
  9. Make it so that I can select downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make it so that I can select downloads: In Win 7 there was a way to assess which patches to download and install. I'm really struggling to set this up for Win 10. There's a thread at How do I stop automatic upgrades on Windows 10 that details what to do, but the information is incomplete. There is advice to use...
  10. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463