Windows 10: How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer?

Discus and support How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So my computer was stolen by someone who used to be a part of my life and they know the 4 digit pin to my computer and i would like to make it so the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndrewHendrickson1, Jul 28, 2018.

1. How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer?

So my computer was stolen by someone who used to be a part of my life and they know the 4 digit pin to my computer and i would like to make it so the person cannot use my computer until i can report it stolen or go get it back. Ive already changed my account password but for some reason the pin isnt linked to the password which is a pretty dumb loop hole and security risk. Seeing as its easy to oversee someone typing in the 4 digit password and then being able to use it to access your account even though you changed your password thinking you were securing your account. So like ive said is ive already changed my password but i really need them completely locked out of my computer. Please tell me there is a way.

:)

AndrewHendrickson1, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Marco Gav Win User

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jul 28, 2018
  3. My windows 8 phone prepaid at&t phone is unlocked but needs a 4 digit pin to unlock it

My windows 8 phone is unlocked from at&t but needs a 4 digit pin from microsoft to unlock it

AdamHerabi, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Bushka Win User

How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer?

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer?

1. How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer? - Similar Threads - digit pin doesn't

2. My Microsoft account got stolen so how can I make sure no one can access it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account got stolen so how can I make sure no one can access it.: I was playing Minecraft when a person told me to join this discord server to play with him. I saw that there were 12k people and 2k people online, so I thought it was safe and entered my Microsoft account and password to verify. The second I entered, I got kicked from the...
  3. My Microsoft account got stolen so how can I make sure no one can access it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account got stolen so how can I make sure no one can access it.: I was playing Minecraft when a person told me to join this discord server to play with him. I saw that there were 12k people and 2k people online, so I thought it was safe and entered my Microsoft account and password to verify. The second I entered, I got kicked from the...
  4. How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?: So, Microsoft wouldn't let me use the 4 digit pin I used to use.So, when I booted up my laptop, I used to be able to just type in 4 numbers, and then it would log me in. Now, I can't do that, and I need letters, numbers, all that jazz. I want to be able to just type in 4...
  5. How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?

How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?: So, Microsoft wouldn't let me use the 4 digit pin I used to use.So, when I booted up my laptop, I used to be able to just type in 4 numbers, and then it would log me in. Now, I can't do that, and I need letters, numbers, all that jazz. I want to be able to just type in 4...
  6. How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  8. 4 digit pin

4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  9. Windows 4-digits PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 4-digits PIN: Hi,I couple of days ago, during my work assignment in another state, I lost my laptop Windows 10 on it.The laptop has a Windows 4-digits PIN when I use it last time, I remember that I put it on sleep.When I got back home, I run the Windows "Find My Device" tab and I found my...
  10. On Win10 - How can I set a 4 digit passnumber to log into my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    On Win10 - How can I set a 4 digit passnumber to log into my computer?: Hi, On my Win10 computer - How can I set a 4 digit passnumber to enable Only myself to log into my computer,please? So that Only I can use my computer,so that IF it gets stolen Nobody else can use it.... :) Many thanks.... :)...