Windows 10: How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...

Discus and support How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title says: I can't figure out how to get any window I open to list all items by date/name/etc. Right now it lists files first and then folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Noel 991, May 21, 2022.

1. Noel 991 Win User

How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...

As the title says: I can't figure out how to get any window I open to list all items by date/name/etc. Right now it lists files first and then folders, which results in a lot of needless scrolling to get to a folder if I'm listing things by date, name or anything lese. I need it to list every type of file by date/name/etc. one after another, not divided up by files then folders like it is now.

:)

Noel 991, May 21, 2022
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 21, 2022
  3. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

thanks for all suggestions have carried out most and found no difference so far. Will check out the clean boot tomorrow. John

barbershopjohn4, May 21, 2022
  4. How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...

Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files... [​IMG]

thanks Denis, here is a clip of my file manager jump lists and when I right click on an item the resulting mini menu
    as you can see I can then normal click the top and Open the item of course.

barbershopjohn4, May 21, 2022
Thema:

How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...

1. How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files... - Similar Threads - open list items

2. Can I change the Open With names in the list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the Open With names in the list?: Hi, I have a CAD program that uses a licence free viewer and a full licence version to open the same files. I have the viewer set as my default as we have floating licences not enough for everyone in the department to use full at the same time. Unfortunately in the Explorer...
  3. Can I change the Open With names in the list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change the Open With names in the list?: Hi, I have a CAD program that uses a licence free viewer and a full licence version to open the same files. I have the viewer set as my default as we have floating licences not enough for everyone in the department to use full at the same time. Unfortunately in the Explorer...
  4. Can I change the Open With names in the list?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...

How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...: As the title says: I can't figure out how to get any window I open to list all items by date/name/etc. Right now it lists files first and then folders, which results in a lot of needless scrolling to get to a folder if I'm listing things by date, name or anything lese. I need...
  6. How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I make it so that open windows list ALL items by date/name/etc., not the files...: As the title says: I can't figure out how to get any window I open to list all items by date/name/etc. Right now it lists files first and then folders, which results in a lot of needless scrolling to get to a folder if I'm listing things by date, name or anything lese. I need...
  7. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: Hi gurus,1 I'm using the Photos app my laptop is Windows 10 Home OS to import photos from my iPhone.2 I just cannot find any option in the Import icon or Settings Icon about naming the pictures after import.3 How can I make it so date time stamp is being appended or added to...
  8. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: Hi gurus,1 I'm using the Photos app my laptop is Windows 10 Home OS to import photos from my iPhone.2 I just cannot find any option in the Import icon or Settings Icon about naming the pictures after import.3 How can I make it so date time stamp is being appended or added to...
  9. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: This was a very important option I used with my HP laptop that I thought was upgraded to Windows 10 Photo manager app but seems to be gone from the Photos app in the Surface which I got from Costco. Please help. I want to import pictures from a digital camera and have...
  10. How can I make the date and time display the day name?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make the date and time display the day name?: How can I make the date and time display the day name? [img] 64694