Windows 10: How can I make List view my default. I tried all the suggestions made by others on this...

Discus and support How can I make List view my default. I tried all the suggestions made by others on this... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have to switch Detail view to List view every time I open a folder - which is many times an hour. Arg. Not liking Windows 10. Does anyone have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmbaAZ, May 29, 2019.

1. AmbaAZ Win User

How can I make List view my default. I tried all the suggestions made by others on this...

I have to switch Detail view to List view every time I open a folder - which is many times an hour. Arg. Not liking Windows 10. Does anyone have a solution? I've tried the suggestions to earlier responses when others have asked this questions. Where is the MS solution to this very frustrating problem that shouldn't occur in the first place!

Thanks in advance.

:)

AmbaAZ, May 29, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How can I make List view my default. I tried all the suggestions made by others on this... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 29, 2019
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. TomStrong Win User

How can I make List view my default. I tried all the suggestions made by others on this...

View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I make List view my default. I tried all the suggestions made by others on this... - Similar Threads - List view default

2. Default View: Can I set this to a particular type for all files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default View: Can I set this to a particular type for all files?: I want everything to display as List view. Currently after my recent install its Details. This wastes huge amounts of space and is very inefficient. Can I somehow have folders and files always display as List view? I've tried Customize for folders and their contents but this...
  3. Can I Reset Default View for All Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Reset Default View for All Folders?: Dumb question? I've been looking for the answer for over a year! I'd like all folders to open with "Medium Icons" by default. I'm still stuck changing the View to that setting every time I look into a folder I haven't used recently or have just created. Surely I'm missing...
  4. How can I view all user files on my computer listed by size?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I view all user files on my computer listed by size?: I'm trying to figure out what's consuming my hard drive space but it's a maze of subfolders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-all-user-files-on-my-computer/765a7bd7-89fb-4973-acc4-76b8b8031249
  5. Can I change the default view?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change the default view?: I finally decided to change from a Windows 7 style start menu about a year ago and learn the 'new' style start menu. I realized it wasn't a big leap and actually have come to like it. I just installed windows 10 ver 2004 build 19041.508. Now my start menu looks like a...
  6. Where can I make suggestion on OneDribe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where can I make suggestion on OneDribe?: Is there still someone managing OneDrive though? Because I remember then about having a separate category in this forum. And I wanted to suggest something about pinning files....
  7. How can I change the default video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the default video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested...: I want to change the default win10 video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-default-video-player-to/47e7b86d-ca61-4f31-ae0f-3f4d18892ad5
  8. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  9. How do I make View permanent in all folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make View permanent in all folders: I keep changing to List View in Folder Options but it doesn't stay that way, nor does it set all the folders on that drive. I would prefer that all folders on my PC open in List View & I can choose Large Icons if & when I want to & have it go back to List View when I exit...
  10. How to make list view default for all folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list view default for all folders?: I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders? thanks for the help 73262