Windows 10: How can I make my old PC run Windows 10 run smoother?

Discus and support How can I make my old PC run Windows 10 run smoother? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got an old pc bought back in 2011. Spec: Intel Dual Core 2.8Ghz (E5500) Ram: 3 Gigs DDR3 HDD: 7200RPM GPU: Intel G41 Express Chipset. Put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itzsowvik, Jun 14, 2020.

1. How can I make my old PC run Windows 10 run smoother?

I've got an old pc bought back in 2011.

Spec:

Intel Dual Core 2.8Ghz (E5500)

Ram: 3 Gigs DDR3

HDD: 7200RPM

GPU: Intel G41 Express Chipset.

Put Windows 10 Pro on it, idle ram usage is about 1.5 Gigs. Choked when performing normal tasks. Currently, Kubuntu 20.04 installed on it and it's as smooth as a new PC. Is there any way to make Windows 10 make that much smooth with 500MB of ram consumption when on idle?

I will just browse the internet, playing youtube videos, and use Microsoft Word for my job.

submitted by /u/itzsowvik
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itzsowvik, Jun 14, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2020
  4. How can I make my old PC run Windows 10 run smoother?

windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

How can I make my old PC run Windows 10 run smoother?

1. How can I make my old PC run Windows 10 run smoother? - Similar Threads - old run run

2. How to make my pc run faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make my pc run faster?: My pc is extremely slow and blacks out many times during working hours.How to increase its processing speed and how to deal with black screen problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-pc-run-faster/0a2c10f5-98a6-4329-aa0e-ac936526f61a
  3. How to make my pc run faster?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make my pc run faster?: My pc is extremely slow and blacks out many times during working hours.How to increase its processing speed and how to deal with black screen problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-pc-run-faster/0a2c10f5-98a6-4329-aa0e-ac936526f61a
  4. How to make my pc run faster?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can my old laptop run windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can my old laptop run windows 10?: 2012 Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-3630QMNVIDIA Geforce GT750MDDR3 8GB 1600MHz memoryIt was running windows 8.1 last time I used it last year and the HDD broke. Now that I installed a new SSD, I was wondering if I can install windows 10 on it or not.If I can...
  6. help me to run windows 10 smoother!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help me to run windows 10 smoother!: so, i recently performed a clean install of windows 10 on my desktop. every time i open start, it opens with a laggy animation. i have good hardware specifications. but the problem is that windows 10 is not recognising the hardware. i am sure it is because i do not have...
  7. Games running smoother than windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games running smoother than windows: So I own an Asus TUF FX505DT with a GTX 1650 (dedicated) and a Vega 8 (integrated) but I get less frames in windows than I get in demanding games! I tried the following things as well so if you have any more suggestions I would really appreciate it, thanks. Updated GTX 1650...
  8. How to make my Windows 10 PC Run faster/smoother with 4GB ram

How to make my Windows 10 PC Run faster/smoother with 4GB ram: My PC is not running well. Though you can run many apps5 apps before ram issues start, 4GB ram isn't enough to run both Unity and VS studio. VS Studio just takes a long time and it normally crashes after I go to unity and start play modethe mode where you can your game which...
  9. How can i install & run Windows 10 on Old PC ?

How can i install & run Windows 10 on Old PC ?: hi i have an old pc with follwing specs: msi p43 neo ram ddr2-800.8g 4 x 2g = 8g intel core2quad q8400 giga gt 440 1g hdd wd 320g blue psu green gp380w i tried to install windows 10 with bootable memory flash but that failed. pc was reset after showing Windows 10...
  10. Make laptop run smoother

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make laptop run smoother: I want to make my laptop run smoother for stop lagging. Should I delete all files in App Data / Local / Temp or keep it ?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-laptop-run-smoother/68ecbe91-48f8-4a32-8a93-e68d60d577bb