Windows 10: How Can I Make Myself Admin On My Laptop As A Standard User

Discus and support How Can I Make Myself Admin On My Laptop As A Standard User in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my parents have admin on my laptop, which is very annoying because every time I want to install or delete a program, I have to ask for their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/achachach321, Aug 24, 2020.

1. How Can I Make Myself Admin On My Laptop As A Standard User

So my parents have admin on my laptop, which is very annoying because every time I want to install or delete a program, I have to ask for their permission which has shown to become ineffective. Is there anything I can do as a standard user to make myself admin without my parents knowledge?

submitted by /u/achachach321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/achachach321, Aug 24, 2020

2. Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control

to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    admin & standard user accounts

Hi Pub Fan,

You can create a new user account on your computer and set is as an administrator. Follow the steps provided on this

page
    . Once you have added a new administrator account, you can change the account type of the original user profile to standard. You can also remove the password for the original account using the new one. Here are the steps:

• Sign in to the new user account.
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Open User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the old user profile.
    • Select Change the password.
    • Without typing anything in the password fields, click on Change password.
    You will not lose any passwords for your internet sites after applying the changes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How Can I Make Myself Admin On My Laptop As A Standard User

Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that after making your Admin account as a Standard user account, you are unable to perform any task that requires admin access. We would like to inform you that if we make an Admin account as a Standard account, we would not be able to
    perform Admin tasks, to do so we will need permission from the Admin account.

As you have mentioned that, you have another Admin account on the computer, we can use the other account to change the account type of your account. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to the computer using the second account.
    2. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    3. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    4. Now, double click on your user account and click on
      Group Membership tab.
    5. Select Administrator and click on
      OK (Twice).

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

How Can I Make Myself Admin On My Laptop As A Standard User

1. How Can I Make Myself Admin On My Laptop As A Standard User - Similar Threads - Myself Admin Laptop

2. How can i make myself admin after accidentally deleting it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i make myself admin after accidentally deleting it.: Please help i accidentally deleted my admin account and tried to reset but says i need admin rights, i basically can't do anything so if you can help! i am getting super mad and nothing is working. When it asks me to use an admin username and password it doesn't allow so...
  3. How can i make myself admin after accidentally deleting it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i make myself admin after accidentally deleting it.: Please help i accidentally deleted my admin account and tried to reset but says i need admin rights, i basically can't do anything so if you can help! i am getting super mad and nothing is working. When it asks me to use an admin username and password it doesn't allow so...
  4. How to make myself admin using guest user in window 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make myself admin using guest user in window 11?: How to make myself administrator using guest user? I can't find family user and other users in window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-myself-admin-using-guest-user-in/ca8802d4-8155-4615-9b99-3a735e0fe5db
  5. How to make myself admin using guest user in window 11?

How to make myself admin using guest user in window 11?: How to make myself administrator using guest user? I can't find family user and other users in window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-myself-admin-using-guest-user-in/ca8802d4-8155-4615-9b99-3a735e0fe5db
  6. Make myself admin... without admin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make myself admin... without admin.: Last year I tried resetting my computer and getting rid of all the excess stuff on it years back, when I had no tech knowledge I kind of screwed some things up. In the process, I went to hell and back deleting all sorts of files. To restore the computer, I need 8 gigs of...
  7. Make myself admin... without admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make myself admin... without admin.: Last year I tried resetting my computer and getting rid of all the excess stuff on it years back, when I had no tech knowledge I kind of screwed some things up. In the process, I went to hell and back deleting all sorts of files. To restore the computer, I need 8 gigs of...
  8. Make myself admin... without admin.

9. [Help] How Can I Make My User As Admin ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    [Help] How Can I Make My User As Admin ?: Thank you for accepting me joining you in this wonderful forum. In the past few days, I have benefited greatly from all lessons posted by (Brink) to improve Windows 10 performance and it made me have a agreat windows I have a question that I am looking for an answer for ?!...
  10. make myself admin again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    make myself admin again: I am the only user on this Windows 10 desktop computer. To solve a booting up problem I changed myself from admin to standard user and no longer need to boot up as administrer and can see my normal files. However, now It seems impossible to do some things and I am unable to...