Windows 10: How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted.

Discus and support How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Here is what I am trying to do on a Windows 10 Home laptop. I have two accounts. Let's call them Bert and Ernie for ease of explaining. Bert is the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by azbruno, Apr 7, 2021.

1. azbruno Win User

How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted.

Here is what I am trying to do on a Windows 10 Home laptop.

I have two accounts. Let's call them Bert and Ernie for ease of explaining.

Bert is the administrator of this laptop and his account is tied to a Microsoft account.

Ernie is a local account and could be administrator or not.

I want the Bert account to be completely invisible to Ernie. Under no circumstances do I want Ernie to be able to see the account name unless he enters it specifically, or is an administrator and goes deep. I want the lock screen to come up with Ernie's user name so he only needs to enter the password.

When Bert needs to log in, I want him to be able to access an "Other User" lock screen option so he can enter both the user name and password or pin.

I can get Bert's account hidden using HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList. I have also been playing with DisableAutomaticRestartSignon, dontdisplaylastusername and DontDisplayUserName in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.

But here's the trouble I'm having. I've been able to get Bert to not show up when the lock screen always comes up with Other User as an option. But this requires Ernie to enter his user name. When I managed to get the lock screen to come up for Ernie, I could not figure out how to get Bert signed on as I couldn't get to an "other user" sign on screen. I've been leaving Ernie as administrator for now so I can keep adjusting the registry.

What am I missing?

:)

azbruno, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 7, 2021
  3. An invisible account

Well, this finally clarifies your situation. Here are the facts:

• Account name: Silvestra
    • Nickname: Laimonas
    • Password: blank
    There is no invisible or hidden account. Deleting the "Silvestra" account would have caused you an enormous amount of trouble.

Account names cannot be changed but nicknames can. If you do not like the current account name then you must create a new account, this time under the preferred name.

Frederik Long, Apr 7, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted. - Similar Threads - account completely invisible

2. how to make an account on windows the default account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make an account on windows the default account?: Hi, I Have made a new user local account. What I want to do it copy all data over and replace my current one and then remove my current account. This is due to my current account probably having corrupt files. I have tried trouble shooting this with multiple people and the...
  3. how to make an account on windows the default account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make an account on windows the default account?: Hi, I Have made a new user local account. What I want to do it copy all data over and replace my current one and then remove my current account. This is due to my current account probably having corrupt files. I have tried trouble shooting this with multiple people and the...
  4. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?: I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-purchase-from-one-account-to/6a6aacb1-9133-447a-8f0d-5bd08e4bdbde
  5. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?: I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-purchase-from-one-account-to/6a6aacb1-9133-447a-8f0d-5bd08e4bdbde
  6. How can I completely disconnect two computers on one Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I completely disconnect two computers on one Microsoft account?: So a while back my Mother asked me for help setting up her new laptop. At some point I must have mindlessly entered my own email address. HUGE MISTAKE. Now weird stuff constantly happens, like her name appearing on my user account on my computer or my desktop background...
  7. How do I make my files invisible to another users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make my files invisible to another users?: On other users, when they type something in the windows search bar, files on my main user pop up (and they are able to use them and everything). I wish to disable that option. How do I do that? Thanks you for your help submitted by /u/Voliath [link] [comments]...
  8. I can Windows hello on one account but not on another

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can Windows hello on one account but not on another: I have recently tried to add a new fingerprint to my Microsoft account on my Lenovo IdeaPad 14 inch I five and it has said something went wrong. Try again later. I have tried rebooting my drivers. And all that stuff. I am able to access it all on one of my other accounts on...
  9. How can I change my profile (Microsoft Account) to another one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change my profile (Microsoft Account) to another one?: Hello! Since I got this laptop, I have always used a family member's Microsoft account, the same that he uses on his own laptop, just today I wanted to change the name and profile picture that appears when my laptop is locked, and found out that I would have to modify his...
  10. How can I make word the default program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make word the default program?: How can I make word the default program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms2019/8f16ca3d-9893-43cf-b044-dd39790f793a