Windows 10: How can I make one of my picture folders to a desktop background folder in Win 10?

Discus and support How can I make one of my picture folders to a desktop background folder in Win 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to make one of my pictures folders to be a desktop background folder. Can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael A.Galante, Dec 17, 2018.

1. How can I make one of my picture folders to a desktop background folder in Win 10?

I would like to make one of my pictures folders to be a desktop background folder. Can anyone help?

:)

Michael A.Galante, Dec 17, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 17, 2018
  4. WojtasRed Win User

How can I make one of my picture folders to a desktop background folder in Win 10?

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

How can I make one of my picture folders to a desktop background folder in Win 10?

1. How can I make one of my picture folders to a desktop background folder in Win 10? - Similar Threads - picture folders desktop

2. How can I make windows 10 not use user folders on my one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make windows 10 not use user folders on my one drive: I just installed a new windows 10 and this time all user folders download, images, documents, etc. are inside the default one drive folder, so anything that goes there is syncing and taking up space. I don't want that. I want to have things on my one drive that I specifically...
  3. Both my pictures and desktop are linked into one folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both my pictures and desktop are linked into one folder: Due to some meddling with onedrive and default folders I happen to have the default Desktop folder named after pictures and pointing to the same location. When I try to move any of them, the other folder will move too. Is there some registry fix?Picture:https://ibb.co/mC8ZRLH...
  4. Both my pictures and desktop are linked into one folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both my pictures and desktop are linked into one folder: Due to some meddling with onedrive and default folders I happen to have the default Desktop folder named after pictures and pointing to the same location. When I try to move any of them, the other folder will move too. Is there some registry fix?Picture:https://ibb.co/mC8ZRLH...
  5. Both my pictures and desktop are linked into one folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Pictures folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures folder on desktop: The Pictures folder is on my desktop and its not a shortcut. It's the actual pictures folder and if i move it to the recycle bin it cant open any more in explorer. how do i put it back where it was? windows version number is 18363.1198 if needed 173267
  7. How do I make my desktop background pictures look better?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make my desktop background pictures look better?: I have some pictures I want to use as my background pics but the quality is terrible on them in my background. They are all pixelated and not very good looking at all. Is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/BRG_133 [link] [comments]...
  8. How can I narrow my Pictures folder to ONE folder?

How can I narrow my Pictures folder to ONE folder?: Not only do I have 2 "Pictures" folders, but also there is a "Saved Pictures" folder under one of the "Pictures" folders. So what's in the simple "Pictures" folder if they are not "saved" pictures? It is an oxymoron. One of the "Pictures" folders is under "Documents"...
  9. I cannot make a folder on my desktop.

I cannot make a folder on my desktop.: [ATTACH] This is what i get when i try to make a folder on my desktop. Thanks for your help, Mathias Van Laere from Belgium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-make-a-folder-on-my-desktop/781541e3-e04c-4642-be35-9c8c2a4990fc"
  10. How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background: I have a picture I want to see on my desktop. I can only get it on the desktop as a shortcut to the file (jpg) containing the picture (and tiny icon) or as an ico file being a tiny icon too small to see properly. Note - I use small icons as I have a huge number on the...