Windows 10: How can I make the date and time autoconfigure itself through cmd?

Discus and support How can I make the date and time autoconfigure itself through cmd? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am creating a simple .bat program and I would like to know if there is a way to set the current time and date automatically like you would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vincent Cerowski, Oct 13, 2020.

1. How can I make the date and time autoconfigure itself through cmd?

Hello,

I am creating a simple .bat program and I would like to know if there is a way to set the current time and date automatically like you would do in settings when you turn on "Set time automatically".

Additionally, is there a way to make the .bat program run automatically when the folder it is located in is opened?

Is there a way to make the .bat program run automatically when a file in the same directory is opened? I would like to make it run automatically when I open a shortcut

Thanks and have a nice day!

:)

Vincent Cerowski, Oct 13, 2020

2. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 13, 2020
  4. How can I make the date and time autoconfigure itself through cmd?

Time Change with cmd

Hello Hasan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the time. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

How can I make the date and time autoconfigure itself through cmd?

1. How can I make the date and time autoconfigure itself through cmd? - Similar Threads - date autoconfigure itself

2. How can I access my login dates and times from my authenticator app through work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access my login dates and times from my authenticator app through work?: To whom it may concern,I need to get a copy of all my login information starting on 1/1/2020. I would like it mailed to:6042 Rio Valle Drive Bonsall CA 92003Specifically for email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I am currently filing a retaliation claim against...
  3. How can I access my login dates and times from my authenticator app through work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I access my login dates and times from my authenticator app through work?: To whom it may concern,I need to get a copy of all my login information starting on 1/1/2020. I would like it mailed to:6042 Rio Valle Drive Bonsall CA 92003Specifically for email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I am currently filing a retaliation claim against...
  4. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: Hi gurus,1 I'm using the Photos app my laptop is Windows 10 Home OS to import photos from my iPhone.2 I just cannot find any option in the Import icon or Settings Icon about naming the pictures after import.3 How can I make it so date time stamp is being appended or added to...
  5. Autoconfigured IP through DNS in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Autoconfigured IP through DNS in Windows 10: TL;DR But for future reference, if I don't have access to a router, how do I bypass "Autoconfigured" on the Windows 10 side? Windows 10 20H2 I have a question about disabling the "Autoconfigured" functionality for the IP address I get from DHCP. I already explain the...
  6. WIFI autoconfiguration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI autoconfiguration: We have set up a corporate wifi managed by GPO witch 802.11x for corporate PC to connect automatically, as per the picture [ATTACH] However the Windows 10 PC doesn't connect automatically. The Wifi shows up and if selected by the user it connects without problem, apart...
  7. How do I disable ipv4 autoconfiguration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I disable ipv4 autoconfiguration: I did this but it did not work and only disabled DHCP so no network To fix it, enter this from Command Prompt: C:\Users\Administrator> netsh interface ipv4 show inter result as: Idx Met MTU State Name --- ---------- ---------- ------------...
  8. How can I see the date in chats through the windows skype app

How can I see the date in chats through the windows skype app: I only show times of chats in the windows skype at. How do I see the date also? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-the-date-in-chats-through-the/62e425d8-54fa-4cdb-b87a-95d6af180714
  9. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: This was a very important option I used with my HP laptop that I thought was upgraded to Windows 10 Photo manager app but seems to be gone from the Photos app in the Surface which I got from Costco. Please help. I want to import pictures from a digital camera and have...
  10. How can I make the date and time display the day name?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make the date and time display the day name?: How can I make the date and time display the day name? [img] 64694