Windows 10: How can I make the date and time display the day name?

Discus and support How can I make the date and time display the day name? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I make the date and time display the day name? [img] 64694 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Sep 23, 2016.

1. mobile1 Win User

How can I make the date and time display the day name?

How can I make the date and time display the day name? [​IMG]

:)

mobile1, Sep 23, 2016

2. Can I get the date and time to display on my desktop - or is there a "gadget" that will display date and/or time live?

Hi Geistman,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The date and time is always visible in the left bottom near the action center however if you wish, you may install any app that will display the date and time continually on the desktop without having to click on an icon to bring it up.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Sep 23, 2016
  3. geistman Win User
    Can I get the date and time to display on my desktop - or is there a "gadget" that will display date and/or time live?

When Windows 10 first starts up, the screen displays the date and time live in a nice large readable font; this display disappears when the sign-on screen is displayed. I would like the date and time to display all the time on my desktop after I log in.
    Is there any way to do this? If so, can the location of the display be moved to a different place than bottom left?

If not, is there some kind of "gadget" or app that will display the date and time continually on the desktop without having to click on an icon to bring it up?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

geistman, Sep 23, 2016
  4. mopar3 Win User

If I understand you correctly -

Go to Settings\Time & Language and go from there.

mopar3, Sep 23, 2016
  5. mobile1 Win User
    Please be more specific.

mobile1, Sep 23, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    @mobile1:

Just follow the numbers:

How can I make the date and time display the day name? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I make the date and time display the day name? - Similar Threads - date display name

2. Day, date and time display on Toolbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Day, date and time display on Toolbar: Hi - I am a Windows 10 user, and never had this problem with Windows 8. It should be simple, but I cannot find how to have the day and date to dislay on the toolbar. The date is there, but not the day. And these days, its hard to know WHAT day it is! I found the date time...
  3. Day, date and time display on Toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Day, date and time display on Toolbar: Hi - I am a Windows 10 user, and never had this problem with Windows 8. It should be simple, but I cannot find how to have the day and date to dislay on the toolbar. The date is there, but not the day. And these days, its hard to know WHAT day it is! I found the date time...
  4. Day, date and time display on Toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: Hi gurus,1 I'm using the Photos app my laptop is Windows 10 Home OS to import photos from my iPhone.2 I just cannot find any option in the Import icon or Settings Icon about naming the pictures after import.3 How can I make it so date time stamp is being appended or added to...
  6. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: Hi gurus,1 I'm using the Photos app my laptop is Windows 10 Home OS to import photos from my iPhone.2 I just cannot find any option in the Import icon or Settings Icon about naming the pictures after import.3 How can I make it so date time stamp is being appended or added to...
  7. How can I make the date and time autoconfigure itself through cmd?

How can I make the date and time autoconfigure itself through cmd?: Hello, I am creating a simple .bat program and I would like to know if there is a way to set the current time and date automatically like you would do in settings when you turn on "Set time automatically". Additionally, is there a way to make the .bat program run...
  8. date day & time

date day & time: Can you tell me how to get the date day & time on my desktop please, it has been on there since I got the laptop but don't know where its gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-day-time/172a0d71-4078-48b7-a40f-816f6254a008
  9. displaying time and date

displaying time and date: How do I get the time and date to display on the lower right hand corner to show again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displaying-time-and-date/d8b0ee9b-e1d4-4caa-8bd4-32365db7068c
  10. How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...

How can I make it so date time stamp is used to name the picture files being imported with...: This was a very important option I used with my HP laptop that I thought was upgraded to Windows 10 Photo manager app but seems to be gone from the Photos app in the Surface which I got from Costco. Please help. I want to import pictures from a digital camera and have...